Monday, March 2, 2009

Living (as in Alive) Scriptures

Have you ever seen Scripture being lived/ coming to life right in front of your eyes? I have. That occurred again today, in fact! I will have to speak carefully here, so as to protect the innocent if you will. Without all the details of when , where, how and why, let if suffice to say I had an encounter with a woman today.

It was so unusual, I have pondered it all day and prayed for the woman as well. From the moment she stepped into my presence she took offense with me! It was a social group setting and the longer she was around me, the more angry and visibly upset she became! It ended with her making wild accusations against me, for which I just apologized to her for making her feel as she did. It was obvious that nothing I could do or say would be accepted or right in her eyes.

After I left that scene I was pondering this and the Lord reminded me of a phrase one of my girlfriends coined, 'Love Leads, sin DRIVES." Because I had a role to fulfill in this social gathering, I was rather forced into abandoning the rest of the group for a little bit to try and cater to this one and get her situated. But even in my attempting to assist her she was rebuffing my every move and accusing me along the way! This is SO like the devil in how he badgers us and starts what I term "wild fires" to try and divert attention from the assignment to dealing with the fires he has started. His tactic is to "drive us" with feelings of failure, insecurity, not measuring up, trying to fix things, make things right, all the while berating us in our minds of how we are such a rotten person! I know plenty of people who struggle with this constantly. It is very demeaning and paralyzing to them.

The scriptures the Lord brought to my mind are these two:

James 3:17 (GNB) But the wisdom from above is pure first of all; it is also peaceful, gentle, and friendly; it is full of compassion and produces a harvest of good deeds; it is free from prejudice and hypocrisy.

2Co 2:14 (Amp) But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph [as trophies of Christ's victory] and through us spreads and makes evident the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere,
2Co 2:15 For we are the sweet fragrance of Christ [which exhales] unto God, [discernible alike] among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing:
2Co 2:16 To the latter it is an aroma [wafted] from death to death [a fatal odor, the smell of doom]; to the former it is an aroma from life to life [a vital fragrance, living and fresh]. And who is qualified (fit and sufficient) for these things? [Who is able for such a ministry? We?]
2Co 2:17 For we are not, like so many, [like hucksters making a trade of] peddling God's Word [shortchanging and adulterating the divine message]; but like [men] of sincerity and the purest motive, as [commissioned and sent] by God, we speak [His message] in Christ (the Messiah), in the [very] sight and presence of God.

When she stepped into my presence she was met with the Wisdom of God... peaceable, gentle, friendly. And she felt the life force of Christ flowing out from me. Unbenownest to me, she serves a foreign god and so the Scent of Love that is on my life was a stench in her nostrils! It literally was an odor of death to her, because of her current rejection of Christ. But I pray that He will manifest Himself to her and she will bow herself to Him. Whether she recognized Him or not, she met Him today through me.

Who is meeting Jesus through you? For whether you open you mouth and say a word, if He is resident in your heart and life, there is a flow and there is a scent and there is a voice of wisdom that is speaking through your life. I was reminded of that again today and so I also remind you. Keep standing! Keep wafting that aroma of life!
God Bless You!

Nancy

1 comment:

Gene said...

You demonstrated a patience I might not have, Bless you Woman of God