Thursday, December 29, 2011

Faint Not!

"You shall see the performance of what I have promised.  Faint Not!"

I was walking by my dresser and my eye fell upon the Christmas card I received from my little sister. It was a very loving and precious card.  And as I glanced at it, I heard those words that I posted above, and was quickened  to share them with you.  

Whatever it is that you have been standing and believing for, God says you SHALL see the performance of what HE has promised you.  After all He is not a man that He should lie!  

The significance of the card is that at age 6 God placed in my heart a deep desire for a baby sister to love and share life with.  I remember climbing up into my Daddy's lap one evening and telling him and Mom that I wanted a baby sister.  I remember Mom sputtering and coughing on the couch. "Mom can't have any more babies," she informed me.  ( I was considered a miracle baby, but did not know that.) But with the determination of a 6 yr old to have what I desired, I announced, "Fine! I'll ask God to give me a baby sister."  

Now you must understand, we were not a "religious family!"  I knew about God and sensed Him in the nature around me, but I did not go to church at that time, as we lived on a farm and weekends were spent doing farm chores.  I remember going to bed that night and praying and asking God to please give me a little sister.  Guess who got pregnant?!! I recall a conversation with Mom when her belly was quite extended and she said, "What if it is a boy?"  I answered, "I didn't ask God for a boy, I asked for a baby sister, so that is what I am getting."  (I wish I always had that level of faith now!)  Sure enough, Mom had a girl and I got my prayer answered. God gave me a baby sister.

Fast forward 12+ years.  Our Dad is in Heaven, and I am radically saved.  MY beloved baby sister calls me "Jesus Freak" and has nothing to do with me whatsoever! I come in the front door and she exits out the back.  She tells all her friends, "Don't talk to her, she is a Jesus Freak."  For SEVEN (7) years, I pray and weep over my little sister.  Finally I said to God, "I am going to go out and tell other people's family members about Jesus, and so I expect you to save my sister, as I share your Word with other people's families. Please send someone she will listen to!"  

Sure enough, He did just that.  She waited tables as a waitress at a certain
restaurant and every Sunday these 2 couples came in and sat in her section.  They would ASK to have her wait on them!  They left her money on the table and spoke kindly and joked with her.  She figured they were church folks.  But when she got an infected tooth, these "church folk" did something extreme.  They left and came back with a check for $800 to pay her dentist bill.  She was so shocked. It was then she learned the men were a Pastor and his Assistant Pastor from the nearby Assembly of God church!  The next Sunday instead of working, she went to their church to find out what kind of people write a check for $800 to a stranger?  What she found was the Saviour who prompted them to show His Extravagant Love to her!  Now my sister is the Jesus Freak, and I am so blessed to have her walking with God and growing in Grace daily!

So, don't give up!  Don't stop speaking life (God's Word) into what appear to be impossible situations!

I heard God say, " I see your heart.  I know that you don't always know what or how to say it.  But I see and know your heart.  I know what your tears are saying, when your don't even know why you are crying.  Even as we stand on the brink of a New Year, go confidently into it, knowing that you shall reap if you faint not."

Luke 1:45  And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
 

Isaiah 55:11 (JPS)  So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, except it accomplish that which I please, and make the thing whereto I sent it prosper.

Galatians 6:9 (AMP)  And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint. 

Hebrews 10:35-36 (AMP)  Do not, therefore, fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward. For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised.


1 comment:

Annetta said...

What a timely reminder, dear sister Nancy!

This type of 'expression' of God's love and faithfulness has come twice today for me.

It sort of says, "Regardless of the size or how silly a thing might seem, don't be afraid to ask God for what you want. He's faithful."