Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Where Do We Go From Here?

Now What Jesus? You're alive. What is the game plan from here?

In My name the message about repentance and the forgiveness of sins must be preached to all nations..."God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. Behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye until ye be endued with power from on high.

Wait for the Father to give you the Holy Spirit, just as I told you he has promised to do. But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth. Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the Gospel) to every creature [of the whole human race].

But Jesus! We aren't learned! We dont' have special training... we don't know anything about how to do any of this!

I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, He may give it you. For the Father Himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand--shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven. Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you.

GOD bless you and keep you,
May the light of the Lord's face be shining on you in grace:

GOD smile on you and gift you, the LORD be kind and gracious to you;
The LORD look on you with favor ;
GOD look you full in the face and make you prosper.

May the Lord's approval be resting on you and may he give you peace.
Amen. So be it.





1 comment:

Brittni said...

I was quickened to the title of this word. 'where do we go from here'

a month ago I was quickened to a bunch of 'Pocahontas' song. one of which is 'Where do I go from here'

Blurp:
"where do I go from here. so many voices, ringing in my ear. ""which is the voice that I was made to hear" (or something like that)

I shall read this word tomorrow :-) its getting (and has gotten) late!
God bless
brittni