Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Big Dance Brenda Craig guest post

God is speaking to us about dancing, can you tell?  Here is yet another post on dancing, this one is from my friend Brenda...

The Big Dance
Posted By Brenda On March 6, 2012 @ 2:00 am In Word of the Day

Word Of The Day

Everything is about to shift and come up higher into My purposes…come up higher into the desires of My heart for you and for your life. All you have to do is dance with Me and I will do the rest. I know it’s hard to believe. After all, so many things are being said in this day and time. Do this! Do that! Could it be as simple as just doing what I tell you to do…what I tell you personally to do…what I tell you and no one else? Yes, it is that simple.
As we dance this dance of life together…this dance of the bride and the Bridegroom, I will whisper in your ear and say go this way or that. I will tell you what to say and when to say it or to say nothing at all.
I will tell you how and when to do something or do nothing at all still…when to hold on…when to let go…when to be quiet…when to speak out loud. Therefore, you must believe, trust and have hope. You must have fun, rest all while walking in faith. You see, doing only what I say…following in My steps…following My lead is all it takes. I am decking Myself with garland and I adorn you with jewels (Isaiah 61:10 [1])
How simple is that? The simplicity and power of My truth sucks the life out of the often complicated and convoluted perception of serving Me and leaves you with the byproduct of joy…fills you with gladness as You come before Me with singing (Psalms 100:2 [2])
How good is that? It is good…so very good…in fact…it is the very best. So, let go and follow My steps all the way into the ballroom…all the way to the “Big Dance”…Read Complete Love Letter [3]
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul will exult in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. (Isaiah 61:10 [1] Amplified

Prayer

Lord, all adverse circumstances are submitting to Your will as I learn to love the way You love. How freeing to just do what You say whether it be simple or complex. No matter what, You give me the right amount of grace and wisdom to befit every need. You are my ever-present help in trouble. You rejoice when I rejoice. You comfort when I am sad. You encourage when the race is hard and I feel faint. You renew my strength.
Your truth sets me free and takes the power and life out of any opposing foe or circumstance. You infuse me with joy in the process of being with You. All it takes is to follow step by step…not mile by mile…just step by step. I am following You intently from floor to floor all the way to the “Big Dance”. Amen

Reflect and Journal

1. Listen carefully! Once you realize where you may or may not be stuck (you may just be hanging out awhile…timing is everything) and ask the Master of the Dance what He is saying…what step He wants you to take next? Don’t try and complicate things or find a big theological answer. It could be a very simple…hold on…rests…trust or you fill in the blank________________. Just because it is simple doesn’t mean it isn’t right. Sometimes in this performance based world we live in we come to believe everything has to be a 12 step process. Not that there is anything wrong with 12 steps. Just don’t get locked into performing and just be and obey.
2. You can grab onto something else unless you let go of what you are holding on to. Reflect on this and journal your thoughts.

Article printed from Journals of the Heart: http://www.journalsoftheheart.com
URL to article: http://www.journalsoftheheart.com/2012/03/dance-of-the-bride-bridegroom-the-big-dance/
URLs in this post:
[1] Isaiah 61:10: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=isa&chapter=61&verse=10
[2] Psalms 100:2: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=psa&chapter=100&verse=2
[3] Read Complete Love Letter: http://www.journalsoftheheart.com/2008/09/dance-of-the-bride-and-the-bridegroom-part-one/
Duplication and sharing of this writing is welcomed provided that complete source and website information for Brenda Craig and Journals of the Heart is included.
©2008 Spirit Food for Life Ministries. All rights reserved.

No comments: