Wednesday, May 12, 2010

THUNDER IN THE SECRET PLACE BLOG

THUNDER IN THE SECRET PLACE BLOG


Several weeks ago, I was awakened with a song and melody I am not conscious of ever before hearing. The words are a simple phrase that now comes back as I record a heavenly encounter.


He who dwells in the secret place…in the secret place...He who dwells in the secret place…shall always know. Always know…always know. He who dwells in the secret place shall always know.


In the hushed pre-dawn silence, I stood in appreciation before a new day. Yawning, I opened my eyes and instantly knew something was different. I was face to face with the all encompassing love of Almighty God. I stretched myself upon the essence of His creation in praise and gratitude. When heedlessly I glanced about the transparent darkness overlaying my place, joy broke free of slumber.


Flickering nearby lights were before, behind, above and below me. They somehow struck my soul with a sense of greeting and welcome. I gasped only a moment as I realized I stood but on space. The air around me was crisp and clear as I beheld the glorious and elegant flair of the heavens. Golden particles hovered on the serene melodies wafting through the atmosphere. Each star flickered in a rhythm unique to its own composition. Peace, stillness, and calm surrounded me…engulfed me. Oddly unafraid, breathed in the living love of God.


Within moments my heart and eyes were drawn to colors of warmth in the Northern sky. The illumination and splendor was so elaborate that everything else paled in its presence. Suddenly, the stars, moon, and golden particles began to speed pass me. I could not tell whether they were rushing toward the light, or being drawn into it. As they grew fainter and eventually vanished from my view, my attention was drawn with great expectancy to a radiant presence in the distance.


I strained to see clearer, daring not to move or even breathe. My strength gradually waned causing me to reach out, but there was nothing to grasp—nothing to hold on to. Still I am not afraid as I continue to watch this emergent, deepening, escalating scene.


Suddenly, I sensed the golden splendor beckon to me, and immediately I fell to my knees lifting my hands far and wide. My breath seemed to rush through me like the waves of the sea.


I must speak of the beauty that washed over me in that instant. I must speak of the completely inclusive love…the warm, flowing, living love of my God.


From the floor of space with very little strength, I cried out, “How beautiful and wonderful You are, O God. How beautiful You are, Almighty God. You are Excellent in all Your ways. Your scrutiny is beyond capture, and I am in awe of You. You are astonishing in Your great care and intimate knowledge of who I am, and yet You even see me.”


I hid my face in the gripping love that I felt for Him…filling me…embracing me. Suddenly, I sensed His hand upon my shoulder, and I asked, “How can You care so deeply for me that You give me such a glimpse of Your glory? When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have ordained, What am I that You are mindful of me, and the daughter of man that You visit me?”


Then out of the warmth of His presence, He whispered, “What do you see, dear one?” His voice was gentle and kind and still, and yet it reverberated through my soul like thunder.


Unwilling to lift my eyes, I peered into my own heart and cried out to all who would hear, “Praise Him, sun and moon, Praise Him all you stars of light!”


Again he asked, “What do you see?”


I melted in deep weeping and adoration, but answered nonetheless. My answer was like that of a child to my own ears, but it is true. It is true. “I see Your love, and it is so BIG. So staggering. So endless.”

“You have seen well. Now go and tell the others.”


I blinked in slight disappointment at something that seemed so small and unnecessary. “But, Father, they already know You love them. Isn’t there something else?”


“They are too busy loving themselves, dear one. They do not recognize my love. They are too busy loving the praise of men. They must come and see my love.”


“But how will they see it, Lord? How will they see Your love?”

Then the sound of the wind as it withdrew startled me. All at once, I no longer sensed His presence. At last, I lifted my head in search of Him.


Then words floated like petals upon the wind into my knowing.


“In the secret place, dear one. Whomever abides in the secret place shall always know my love.”


Annetta P. Lee

http://www.annettaplee.com/Blog.html

Our Response to You Lord:

Lord, we come to You. We lay aside all busy-ness, all selfish ambitions, all that consumes us and demands of us… We simply come. We come seeking. We come hopeful. We come fearing of what we will find, but we come. We come to a place that we don’t’ quite know, and yet we do. We come to that place we were in, with You, before we were… we want to nestle against Your heart Lord. We want to lose ourselves in Your vast love. We want to let You wash over us. We want to know You. So much more than we do right now. We hunger for more of You. Not just more of Your power demonstrated, that would be nice. But more of YOU. All that we are- You have made us. We are Yours… and we come now, seeking the secret place, seeking Your Face, searching for Your heart. In the cleft of the rock, hide away with us there… and reveal Yourself to us even as we are naked and undone before you. We have no where to hide, no place to go, but to You. Take us in and show us Your Glory, Your Heart, Your magnificence and we will be clothed and we will be fed and we will be satisfied in You.

NEM

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

A Morning Prayer in The Holy Bible comes to mind, when reading your article. It's Psalm 143:8. God, I love you can never be said enough “for he is with us in all things, in all times, in all places. For as awareness is so is God consciousness.” This Morning Prayer, like your story, is the correct focus to have as one breathes in their daily life. I too know that God exists because of what I’ve experienced and have written in Mommy’s Writings, which changed my life forever.

Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Published Author
www.strategicbookpublishing.com/Mommy, would you like a sandwich?

Heart n Hands Inc. said...

Hi Suzanne, Thanks for stopping by! I read Ps. 143:8 in the NLT translation and thought I'd share that translation here ...

"Let me hear of your
unfailing love to me
in the morning,
for I am trusting You.
Show me where to walk,
for I have come to You in prayer.