Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This is the Day

I had a dream this morning. Very interesting. It was me, my sister and "K" one of the young married ladies from my church. The 3 of us were in my car and I was driving. I had to take "K" to pick up a prescription for her child. She wanted me to take a short cut. It was a dirt road! But there was a fence across it, so I couldn't.

As I was driving, the song came over the speakers ( not sure if radio or cd) This is The Day (the wedding Song by Scott Wesley Brown. I love that song and said so, "K" was just hearing it for the first time. My sister said, "This is my church's FAVORITE song."
I woke up shortly thereafter and the song was just playing in my spirit.
Here are the words to the song and what I got out of this dream:

This is the day
That the Lord hath made
And I'm so glad He made you
With each rising sun
You are here by my side
You are more than a dream come true


Oh to have you, to hold you
To love you, to pray
To share with, to care with
To hold hands and say

This is the day
That the Lord hath made
And I will rejoice I will rejoice I will rejoice with you


This is the day
That the Lord hath made that you and I are one
Love's mystery is unfolding today
Written for us in the Son


Oh for better, for worse
For rich or for poor
Each day that passes
I'll love you more 'Cause

This is the day
That the Lord hath made
And I will rejoice I will rejoice I will rejoice with you


This is the day aaaay

This is the day aaaay
This is the day aaaay...


This was Jesus singing to HIS Bride and when my sister said "This is my church's favorite song" God was saying that about HIS Church! The driving and errand was our everyday living and having relationship with Him in the everyday stuff. The shortcut was forbidden because there is NO SHORTCUT to get into relationship with HIM, and the prescription is the WORD. It is life and health to all our flesh.


The Words in the song:

1st verse Jesus is speaking of His Love and longing.

2nd verse is 2 fold- 1. is our Salvation Walk maturing into intimacy and

2. The Wedding feast of the Lamb.

The "for better or worse" is HIS commitment to us- no matter how we are doing, no matter the state of our soul realm or spiritual walk-


He will love us more than our sins will pull us down. His love will bring us back to Himself. And as we mature, as we grow in intimacy, He rejoices with us, not just for us, in us and through us, but WITH us, for it is HIS DESIRE ALSO to have this intimacy with us!


This is the Day... the day I the Lord have made. I made it to spend with you. To have you and hold you, to hear you say you love Me too. To share with and bear with as you grow in Me. Yes I do, I watch you grow and watch you flow and smile and say: I love you more than you'll ever know, come away with Me my love, I'll teach you to fly!




3 comments:

Opal said...

Oh my friend, This makes me weep and weep and LONG SO to experience more of the Wonder of Himself, being more and more and more conformed into His Glorious Image, that I and all of us as His Body and Bride fufill the desires of His Wondrous Heart individually and collectively...hearts beating as ONE...

Rene' said...

Nancy,

Thank you so much for sharing and ministering faithfully. I love you!

Karen said...

Got very blessed by the words of the song and the interpretation. Karen