Sunday, June 28, 2009

What Really Matters

Today I had the privilege of attending a housewarming for one of the young women in our church. She has just gotten her first apartment. She actually lived with our pastors for some time helping at their home as well as volunteering in the church, all the while working. I was blessed when she approached me to give me a written invitation.

Naturally I bought a card to give to her with a gift. As I looked at cards I was struck by this one which said: "May your home be filled with all that really matters."
Immediately a conversation ensued. "What really matters? A few things comes to mind Lord... family friends. love, laughter, happiness, good health..."

The Lord reminded me of a few other things as I pondered on this further: Relationship with Him. I could SEE Him standing in the living room beside me- we were in an apartment together-we were talking to each other. He was living there with me... Although the room seemed sparsely furnished in this vision, there was great light in the room and a sense of freedom and openness.

Loving God, intimacy with Him, making Him welcome in your home, Pursuing Him, having a hunger for Truth yes these are the things that matter most!

Some people might have a different list than I did-
This is the scripture the Lord gave to me:

Isaiah 55:2 (Amplified Bible)

Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your earnings for what does not satisfy? Hearken diligently to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness [the profuseness of spiritual joy].

And this is the Blessing He had me write In Yvonne's card:

House Warming Blessing

May your home always be
a place of refuge and safety
where His Spirit can dwell.

A place full of laughter and love
and being well.

A gathering place of family
and friends
Good times and memories that
will never end.

Joy in the morning,
Peace every night
Righteousness, tranquility and
all being right.

His Hand upon you and
His favor surround you.
His Goodness and Mercy to
always astound you.

Blessings upon you as in
this new home you grow.

© NEM 6/28/09

God Bless you Yvonne!
And everyone who makes God their Home and their Home for God.

2 comments:

JB said...

Dearest Nancy this is SO precious. Thanks for sharing this with us! What a blessing to all who reads it. Love, Joan

B*T said...

WOW!!! I LOVE THIS POEM...MAY I SHARE IT WITH OTHERS? YOU ARE IN YOUR RIGHT SEASON OF HEARING GOD CLEARLY FOR YOURSELF & SO MANY OTHERS.....YOU GO GIRL, IN HIM!!!
LUV YA, B*T