Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Loveship

I was speaking with one of our intercessors from the team at church. We were talking about relationship with the Lord. My heart was so full of HIS Goodness to me. I was commenting on how I can look back over my life and point to manifested scriptures that I have hung onto and now they are reality in my life.

When you have overflow because of all the Goodness and Blessings of God in your life with people, circumstances, relationships, provision, and life- it is natural to want others to have what you have, to know what you know and to experience Father God's Unfailing Love for themselves. Even just talking about it sometimes brings me to tears. He is so wonderful! Supernatural and yet HE cares for us-His creation with a fierce Love!

As I expressed this desire for people to KNOW GOD, have intimacy and experience His overwhelming Love and Joy... the person I was talking to made this statement to sum up what I was saying: "Relationship, Fellowship, Loveship."

That is so rich! When the Headship issue is settled and JESUS is your LORD and Saviour, then you have Relationship, Fellowship and LOVESHIP.

This word Loveship has arrested me!

Even as was spoken in Song of Solomon: Song 4:9 "You have ravished my heart and given me courage, my sister, my [promised] bride; you have ravished my heart and given me courage with one look from your eyes..." Our Bridegroom says HE is ravished by us His Bride?!!

Rulership is the authority of one who rules,. Lordship- is the domain of a lord. Fellowship is the condition or relation of being a fellow- a community, a companion, a peer, a partner, belonging to the same class or group, united by the same things.

What then is "Loveship?" It is a state of union of hearts and spirits bound by love. It is our acquiescing, our willing yieldedness, to our Bridgegroom out of Love not out of Rule, rank or force.

This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God.
MSG 1John4:10

Romans 5:8 (Amplified Bible) But God shows and clearly proves His [own] love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us.

Oh perfect Love- sweet surrender! Take me I am yours!

2 comments:

Gene said...

I can ride on that.... Loveship....

I like the way it feels, I do and respond because I know the one who leads only does what he does out of LOVE

Heart n Hands Inc. said...

Amen Gene. If we could just trust Him more....that old lie still echoes in our subconscious, "Yea- hath God said?..." Posing to mankind that God really is a liar and fraud- keeping back from us what is good because He doesn't want any competition. Like we could ever begin to compete with Him anyway! (But still man's ego tries to sometimes.)

God is so much more that the Good Ship Lollipop. Thanks for commenting.
Nancy