Monday, June 15, 2009

Draw Me Lord

Draw Me Lord
Draw me from the distractions of the day
Draw me from the busyness
Draw me from the clamour
Draw me to that Secret Place
Draw to that quiet Pool to drink deeply of YOU.

Draw me Lord!
I am a foolish sheep who does not always come when she should
Draw me! Woo me with the pleading of your eyes
with the passion of your heart, with the timbre of your voice.

Draw me to Yourself. Draw me away from myself- my thoughts, my pursuits
my pleasures. Even my friends and my loved ones... for I need time with You.
I need You. You are my very life.

Draw me and I will run after you. I stand poised ready to fly to your side-
the depths of my heart cry out "Draw Me!" Even as the pail is lowered into the well and brought up, so I long to be brought up to you... draw me out of the darkness - the place of concealment. Expose me to your bright light. Wash away all that is unlike You.
Draw Me Lord...ever closer to You.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Beautiful, Nancy. Thanks.

Love and blessings, Carole

Opal said...

Oh my friend. My heart has cried the same for years and years now, it seems.

I have sobbed so many times how I miss Him and am wearied by the business of my life. So little sleep, so many things to do to care for my mother, I ache for my Beloved. I used to know the passion of HIS Love for me, not just the cleaving of my being to His and desire to be His alone, and not wanting a single thought to really drift from Him.

It's a Season, a seemingly very, very long one, yet He is always "visible" in His intimate Care and tenderness and mercy and grace and forgiveness. My heart races at the slightest inkling of the awareness of His Wondrous Presence. My heart longs to beat in tune with nothing and no one but Him alone...

A Season, a Season, a Season.

You know more of my walk than any other and know how clearly He leads my steps and shows Himself so tenderly and faithfully, and faithfully breathes His Life on the embers of my soul and spirit, that they have never burned out or ceased hungering for the Beauty of His Person and longing to please Him, my Beloved.

He alone assures me I truly do yet love Him, as I doubt so many things about myself from all the curses screamed at me so very often.

An emotional tumblebug, but spiritually He is ever here to keep me from going under, and causing all things to be used to conform me more and more into His Precious image. The Word promises the same, and He whispers it is so, though so many times I question if I've changed at all.

Oh I ache for Him alone and just to please Him, my Wonder of Wonders... my Beloved and soon-coming King...

Opal