Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Clay Feet or Eagles Wings

Clay Feet tie me to earth
But the Spirit whispers of my Birth
Gives me courage to push on through
to that place where I soar with You.

Oh Trembling wings take to flight
Carry me to a loftier height
Let me see with eagle eyes
The zenith of the Spirit's rise.

Coming storm I will not fear
I'll ride it's crest with Jah so near
Atmospheric change I now decree
Charge the air with Your Glory!

No time to huddle on the ground
The Divine stream must be found
The flow of Spirit Wind
Burns hot against my skin.

Wind and Rain, Fire and Sun
Teach us Lord how to run
On the edge of every storm
For such a time we were born!

Show us from whence the lightening flies
Cracking open darkened skies
Illuminating hearts and minds
Restore the sight to our blinded eyes.

Teach our hands how to war
with five smooth stones and nothing more
Stones of Love and stones of Praise
Stones of Intercession raised...

Stones of Revelation and the Word
Standing firm on what we've heard.
To him that overcomes you'll give a stone
White and holding a name never before known.

It is time to speak and not to sigh
For God is not a man that He should lie
Be bold, be strong and stay the course
For Soon Jesus returns upon that White horse!

Clay feet can't tie me to the earth
Your Spirit whispers of my true Birth
With eagle wings I will rise
And take my place in the skies.

NEM
5/20/09
copyrighted

3 comments:

Rose said...

Great poem....

The Best is Yet to Come!
Rose

Carole said...

What a glorious poem, Nancy! It carries encouragement in the image of the eagle and Spirit. Thank you for sharing it.
Love and blessings, Carole

Opal said...

Oh my... My mouth dropped open: literally, Nancy. This is like a burst of bright light that momentarily dispelled ALL darkness, weariness, distractions, discouragement and arrested the total attention of my whole being. REFOCUSED! Refreshed, encouraged... REFIRED! And, by the Grace of God, will not go away but grow brighter by the day!

Thank you my sweet friend for your faithful obedience and sold-out seeking of HIM!

Opal