Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Decisions, Decisions!

I have come to realize that so very often, when I am going through something, or faced with a decision, it is not for me alone.  That I am experiencing somethng that is on a much broader scope and affecting others.  

Now please understand, I am not saying that I am "so spiritual" or "special" above anyone else.  It is simply that in my years of walking with Him and seeking His heart, being an intercessor on some level or another, that I have found that my angst is often not just my own, but I am indeed carrying that of others in the Body, whether they be known to me or not.

So with that said, I want to say this to you who are struggling with making a decision about whether to do a certain thing or not, or of which way to go.  

1. What has God spoken to you to do?  Is this decision moving you toward it or away from it? 

2. Will it make you a better person?  Will it fulfill a long time desire in your heart ( providing that desire lines up with God's Word, of course!) Or will it help you help someone else to be better in their place in life?

3. If you try and and fail, you will still have learned things along the way. If you try and succeed, then how wonderful that is!  If you don't try, then you will never know what "might have been." 

Suppose Peter, James and John had not risked looking like fools to leave a thriving fishing business to follow Jesus? We wouldn't have the Book of John, or The Book of Revelation of Jesus Christ, or the books of Peter and James,nor would Cornelius and his household gotten saved, or Dorcas raised from the dead!

What is God whispering to you? Urging you to do? What is your heart yearning to accomplish?  What is holding you back? What are you waiting for? 
Who will be impacted if you don't follow God's leading? 

Don't listen to the nay-sayers, the dream slayers, and the the doubt purveyors!  Encourage yourself in the Lord, just a David did.  And inquire of the Lord. should I?... and then run with His answer! 

1 Kings 18:21 (GNB)  Elijah went up to the people and said, "How much longer will it take you to make up your minds? If the LORD is God, worship him; but if Baal is God, worship him!" But the people didn't say a word.

James 1:5-8 (AMP)  If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him. Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind. For truly, let not such a person imagine that he will receive anything [he asks for] from the Lord, [For being as he is] a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute), [he is] unstable and unreliable and uncertain about everything [he thinks, feels, decides]. 

Yes, my beloved, your every breath and move matters to ME!  For in ME you live and move and have your being.  I see your path, I know it's end. I also see your heart and I know you desire to walk with Me and please Me, I want you to know My desires for You.  They are to bring you to a place of peace and stability and confidence in and ease of living your life immersed in ME.  Stop thinking that only when you are at church or doing something that you consider "spiritual" that you are moving in Me.  Don't you know I AM with you 24/7?   Am in You and you are living your life because I am giving you breath and existence! So at work or play or school, I AM there with you! Recognize ME in your every moment and that way you won't miss Me in any of your moments.  For have I not promised to guide you? To show you My Pathway of Life?  All you have to do is look for it and follow Me on it, I've already walked it before you, and I will bring you safely down each road you must travel.  So take my hand and walk with Me and I shall talk with you and show you things previously hidden from view.

Jeremiah 33:3 (AMP) Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).

4 comments:

Rev. Henry J. Falcone said...

Sister Nancy,

This is quite helpful to all of us that God really is in the "little things" and the "little choices." Most Christians tend not to ponder the decisions that they make that seem not significant but they really are.

One cry for meat when God was providing manna for the children of Israel brought a huge judgment upon them. All they wanted was meat? But the truth they were "tempting God" not testing Him. God will allow us test Him, but never tempt him.

Because their simple decision to want meat over manna, many thousands died as God brought a plague amongst them. That was bad enough, but there was more. The Word of God says he gave them "leanness In their souls." That means they were no longer "sharp enough to see or recognize him as he desired or spiritual things.

How "unspiritual" has the church in this nation become of the "little things we choose" every day apart from God. A little compromise here, a little more there, a little more satisfying the flesh over there and soon we are far away from God not knowing how we fell so far.

Will God restore us, if we repent, but if we refuse to recognize the "little, or ordinary choices" are where the Lord is waiting for us to let Him choose and lead, we may find leanness in our own souls. Perhaps that is why this nation is so spiritually cold!

In the Song of Solomon the Bride to be cries out, take out the little foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vine." As I read your blog tonight I want it to be my prayer and I pray as well. We can go further in God. We can get there, but we must see Him in the every day things of life and make the right choices to go forward.

No person can stop us, no people that will speak ill of us can stop us. We can only do that ourselves.

Thanks for the encouragement. It was a blessing.

Henry Falcone

S.S.W. said...

Whoa Sister Nancy!

The whole post was great; but the end of it was just what I was thinking about last night. It's also a more clear and direct answer to what I knew God was trying to say to me. I was feeling like I need to do more stuff,but without getting so caught up in thinking that i'm only significant to God, because i'm doing alot. I have to read this over again to get it in my heart. Wow that's really something :)

Thanks. Keep blogging :)

Heart n Hands Inc. said...

Thankyou so much for your comments!

To SSW- I am so glad it was right on time for you! I just felt in my spirit that my own struggle was tied to someone or maybe more than one someone who also needed to hear this. I will keep on blogging, so please keep on reading! :-) Hugs!

To Bro. Henry,
I appreciate your added input and insight! Please keep posting on your various venues as God Leads You. It is always iron sharpening iron when the brethren exhort each other.
Blessings,
Nancy

Raymonda said...

Glory to God, Nancy!

There are VOLUMES going on in my heart if I wanted to write all in response to this…But I’ll make it brief! This post is SO full!!!!!! My spirit is doing Holy Ghost flip-flops!

You know how I feel that ANYTHING that God has us do is HUGE for His Glory and the benefit of the entire world! A smile, kind word, put the shopping cart back for someone, a call, a card, toot your horn at a stranger and give them a big smile or call out Jesus LOVES you!, a prayer: ANYTHING!!!!! And we’ve discussed the Butterfly Effect, by Andy Andrews, that I would encourage all to read or see some of his brief talks on U-Tube! EVERYTHING we do, EVERYTHING we say has worldwide impact, either to the Glory of God and drawing humanity TO Christ or edifying, encouraging, building up the Body of Christ, or glorifying the world, the flesh or the enemy and driving them AWAY from Christ!. Every word, attitude, decision, action, response or reaction, motive has huge impact!

This is full of LIFE, encouragement, challenge, exhortation, direction, and I could go on and on!

For such a time as this! We are SO blessed to be alive at this time in HIS-story!