Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Journey With Me

When you began your journey with Me, you weren't at all certain about where you'd end up. But you invited Me into your boat. Don't you know that once you invited me in, I took possession of the vessel? Any Captain, upon boarding a ship, to assume command, is given control of that vessel. It then becomes his responsibility to see to the safety and the functioning of the craft and all who are upon it. It's cargo and it's destiny lay within his control and the decisions and commands that he gives.

You are my First Mate, and we are sailing through rough waters right now, but I have Faith in the sturdiness of the boat. Do not fear the wind and the waves. Stand your watch and keep your trust unshaken. Many things will shake around you, but fear not, for I hold you in the right hand of My righteousness and no man can pluck you out of My hand!

I've chosen you and equipped you. Use the authority I placed upon you to speak My name and change the situation and circumstance. This is not just about you and I, although Our relationship is of utmost concern to Me. In truth, there are others that are watching Our teamwork and how we interact and flow together will have life long bearing on their own walk and trust in Me. So as you speak to the storms assailing your life, you are also calming the seas for others who are following at a distance, watching, hungering, hoping for a glimpse of Me.

As they draw closer to us, I will display Myself in grander fashion through you, as long as you stay humble and hearken unto my voice. For as I am lifted up before all men, I will draw them to Myself, but I will use you as the channel that I flow through to touch them and heal and restore, and bless them. So stay alert and be ready at a moment's notice! I may have you change direction and tactic to save some floundering soul. I will then guide you back to the path of our set "next Port of Call."

Do not mind that your boat is small
and the Ocean wide.
All that matters is you've asked me inside.

I stand at the helm, hand on the wheel
I've given you my Word,
And the Holy Spirit's seal.

Peace be still
are the words I still speak
Be still and know it is I you seek!

It is I who steadies your heart
and calms your sea
I alone turn your captivity.

So have no fear
of the storms you see
I've got you safely here with Me.

Stand your watch
Hold you peace-
Speak My Word with complete release.

I'm in your boat
I'll see you through
I'm committed to the journey, how about you?

NEM 6-30-2010


(CEV) Mark 4:35-40 That evening, Jesus said to his disciples, "Let's cross to the east side." So they left the crowd, and his disciples started across the lake with him in the boat. Some other boats followed along. Suddenly a windstorm struck the lake. Waves started splashing into the boat, and it was about to sink. Jesus was in the back of the boat with his head on a pillow, and he was asleep. His disciples woke him and said, "Teacher, don't you care that we're about to drown?" Jesus got up and ordered the wind and the waves to be quiet. The wind stopped, and everything was calm. Jesus asked his disciples, "Why were you afraid? Don't you have any faith?"



No comments: