Friday, January 8, 2010

Consecration-Grace for the Race

Today is the 8th day of our new year. Change, the day of circumcision- or cutting off, newness, growth. Eight according to a couple of references I found on line, means "as above, so below." Help us here below, to be as You are Above.

Today has been a tough day for me. Today I was reminded that everyday people leave Earth. Will it be someone we could have shared Jesus with? Prayed for? The call to evangelize has never been rescinded. "Go ye," is yet a command. Sometimes it is a short distance, as short as next door or next desk over, or the grocery cart beside yours in the aisle. Question is, will you go?

Then I had an incident later today where something I did for the good has brought me rebuke. I didn't do it for praise, but to be of service. Yes the rebuke stung! So the Lord reminded me of this:

1Peter2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.


Then a friend very kindly pointed out to me that I tend to be too concerned about disappointing people. It really came from their heart and was meant to help me. It did help, because unbeknownst to them, God was speaking through them. But as with any pruning process it hurt like the dickens.

Why am I telling you all this? I believe my transparency will help someone.


We are in the midst of a prayer focus at my church. We have 1 hour each night of concerted prayer with given topics dealing with consecration. Today's topic is Grace for the race- here is the prayer focus:

Day Five

Grace for the Race

  • Spirit of Excellence
  • Being Full / Staying Full
  • Being Satisfied- not struggling-letting God work
  • Right Attitude/ Servant's Heart
  • Completing what I start

I walked into the Sanctuary tonight and first thing I saw: "not struggling-letting God work"

OUCH! You gotta say either Oh me! or Amen! I'm reminded of that song: It's me it's me it's me O Lord, standing in the need of prayer- not my brother, not my mother not my sister Lord, standing in the need of prayer!...

That's what consecration is all about. Letting Him deal with YOU. Determining in your heart that you will Give Him all of yourself- and let Him mold and shape it as He chooses.

Just today after the above, but before church, my friend Sandy Warner (of Quickened Word) shared this with me about pruning: I watched Joyce Meyers this week and laughed when she had her yellow clay that she was flattening. Then she put a gingerbread cookie cutter over it and that was the image of Jesus all nicely formed. And then she started taking off all the excess around the cutter. "OH NO, not THAT one!"...

Stripping away all that is not like Jesus. Keep stripping Holy Spirit. Don't listen to my complaints or wheedle-lings. Ignore my protests. Take me to where I haven't been before. To a new place in God. I want more of YOU! Remind me of this, as you are peeling away the superfluous things of my life. Keep instilling that Spirit of Excellence. Help me to have a heart that is right before you, and an attitude that is like yours.

So today on the 8th day of the New Year- the day to be the same below as above is the exact same day that Day 5 of our prayer focus fell on. Five means Grace. For by Grace we are saved. And by Grace we see God's Great Redemption Ability, His Proficiency, His Sufficiency, His Efficiency, His Power, His Strength, His Help, In, Upon, With and Through us. (Not struggling, but letting Him have his way and do His work.)

Ah Lord, Thank you for the Grace for the Race. Conform me ever more into Your image. Let me be a drink offering poured out for You. Consecrate me for Yourself. Here am I, use me as you will. Let my life be a sweet perfume that draws others to You. Take away all that is not pleasing to You. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Oh, just in case you are interested, here is the whole prayer focus. It can be used starting on any day you choose. Beware! It will change you!

Day One:

Personal Walk and Relationship With The Lord

  • Prayer Time
  • Study/Read the Word
  • Make Room for the Glory- Devote to seeking Him
  • Communion and Fellowship with HIM
  • Consecration, Dedication, Sanctification of yourself, time, talents

Day Two:

Walking with God and Others

  • Being SET in the Word =foundation, stability
  • Applying Godly Principles and the Word to my Relationships
  • Asking for and receiving Wisdom and revelation concerning my relationships
  • Letting God end what needs ended.
  • Letting God fill the voids

Day Three

Setting Myself Apart

  • Higher Standards
  • What needs to go?
  • What needs adjusted?

Day Four

Being Set In

  • What and where can I serve others?
  • What am I willing to let God do through me?
  • How can I bless my local church family?
  • What am I afraid of?

Day Five

Grace for the Race

  • Spirit of Excellence
  • Being Full / Staying Full
  • Being Satisfied- not struggling-letting God work
  • Right Attitude/ Servant's Heart
  • Completing what I start

Day Six

Concern for Others

  • The Lost-
  • Missions/Missionaries-
  • Evangelism
  • The Persecuted Brethren
  • Israel

Day Seven

Government

  • National- purifying, cleansing, returning to Godliness
  • State Level- Legislature, Governor, Senators and Congress
  • Local- Mayor, County Commissioners
  • Elkton Is the County Seat- all Judiciary Matters

Day Eight

IYWCC (Impacting Your World Christian Center)- Put in the name of your church and pray for it!

  • Clear Vision Higher Dimensions
  • Outward Focus
  • Aaron and Hurs to hold up and Pray for Our Pastors
  • Game Plans and Strategies Revealed
  • Church Building and Property

Day Nine

IYWCC

  • Cohesiveness and Effectiveness of the Body
  • Ministry Depts. And Heads in Place
  • Volunteers in Place
  • Church Budget

Day Ten

IYWCC

  • OUTREACH/ Impact
  • Heart for Souls
  • Passion for The Kingdom of God- Cause of Christ

Day Eleven -All Night Prayer

Consecration for 2010 for Concentrated Growth

  • The Bride of Christ-The Church Universal
  • Global Awakening/ Revival
  • Consecration, Dedication, Sanctification- on all levels, personal, local, church, government, national, Church universal
AMEN. SO BE IT LORD!

3 comments:

Carole said...

Excellent! Thanks, Nancy.
Love and blessings, Carole

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy, thanks SO much for all your labor-of-love to teach us! What time you sow in sharing with us your heart and SO many good things!!

May each day be an Eph. 3:20 in this New Year!!

Love!