Sunday, July 19, 2009

What Do You See?

Recently I stepped out of a building into the parking lot,heading for my car, when I heard all this commotion over my head. Not wanting to look straight up in case there was some fall out, I waited until I had moved a little away from the sound to look up. What I saw really spoke volumes to my heart! I saw a mocking bird giving chase to a HUGE crow!

Now if you are not familiar with mocking birds, they are the size of robins, but slight in build. The crow was a good 2 1/2 times larger than the mocking bird. It seemed it would surely out-fly the smaller bird. But I watched as the mocking bird picked up speed and flew right up to the tail of that big old crow, all the way hollering at it! It quite obviously had transgressed on the smaller bird's territory- either her nesting area, if a Mama bird, or the territory chosen by a male bird and marked as his, for choosing out a mate.

I immediately thought of David and Goliath. David didn't see a GIANT that towered over him, but rather he saw an uncircumcised philistine (meaning having NO COVENANT with the LIVING GOD of Israel!) who was but a pip squeak in comparison with GOD ALMIGHTY.

I have pondered all week the sight of that mocking bird in hot pursuit of that crow! Do we hotly pursue the enemy of our souls when he comes in trying to steal and kill and destroy us? Or do we lay back and whine? David picked up a slingshot and 5 rocks... Let me show you something here... I've heard teaching on what those 5 stones mean, but the bottom line is Jesus is the ROCK and each stone represents some facet of Life in Him. The Slingshot propels the rocks forward... my Bible says that God's Word is a NAIL in a SURE place and will NOT return unto HIM void! When we speak (propel) the Word into our situations, then EVERY giant MUST fall!

  • So when you pray do you see a giant problem or do you see a GIANT GOD?

(Luke 1:37 (AMP)
For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment. )


  • When you look in the mirror do you see a GIANT SLAYER or a grasshopper?

(Numbers 13:33
(AMP) There we saw the Nephilim [or giants], the sons of Anak, who come from the giants; and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

1Samuel 17:36
Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.)

  • When you look into the Word do you have Giant Expectations of God fulfilling that Word and Its promises in Your Lifetime?

(Ps. 27: 13-14
[What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living! Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord. )


What do you see?

And the Lord would say:

I will tell you what I see My Children. I see My Sons and Daughters clothed in Light, shining as stars chasing away the darkness of this time. I see my Chosen Ones in Priestly array standing in the gap. I see my Valiant Ones outfitted in the finest armour. Armour that will withstand any attack and with weapons of warfare that will defeat any enemy. I see my Blood Bought Bride , standing tall, ready for combat and ready for Love! Oh that YOU would see yourselves as I see you! Oh that you would walk about in total Peace and with the Authority that I have laid upon your shoulders! Oh that your eyes would be opened to who you really are! For your enemy knows and he sets about to blind you of the reality of your position and your power, but he cannot. Look to ME. I will lighten your countenance until my Glory is so bright upon you that it will seem as if you are engulfed in flames! And so you shall be! Engulfed in a Holy Passion for Your Holy God and we shall be unquenchable, unstoppable and all shall see ME in You. THIS IS WHAT I SEE, AND SO IT SHALL BE. Set your sights on ME and line up your words with what I see and My Glory will flow through thee like molten hot lava to a world that needs set free.

1 comment:

Pastor Rusty said...

excellent daughter