Monday, March 9, 2009

May I Have This Dance?

Turning up the Voice of the Spirit

Pastor has been speaking on this for the past few Sundays. The Holy Spirit asked
a couple of poignant questions today during service in relationship to the scriptures being given.

Rom.8:1 Are we following God, people or flesh? Is God prompting you to be connected with that particular person or are you just following flesh?

Rom.8:8 Is it more important to make sure people or happy, rather than God being happy?


At which point the Holy Spirit gave me this poem:

Flesh screaming, mind reasoning
hanging on tightly to me.
Spirit calling, gently wooing
longing to set me free.

Word speaking, Promises given
Love letters written to my heart.
Grace flowing, spirit growing
Power to overcome every part.

During the altar call I was just quietly singing a new song to the Lord...

Speak to me Lord, speak to me Lord
I want to hear your voice
Speak to me Lord, Speak to me Lord
Speak to my heart -make it Your home.
Speak to me Lord, Speak through me Lord
make my spirit your microphone.

Pastor was calling for people to come to the altar...
Then I had this vision of many hearts opening up and
hands reaching up to the Lord.
As I saw this woman reach her hand
up to God, He reached down and took her hand and
spun her around in a pirouette until she faced the
opposite direction that she had been going in.

Then I saw the Lord dressed in white tails step
alongside and place his hand
on the small of her back and holding them very precisely
He began to lead her in a very graceful and beautiful dance.

I heard Him ask, "May I Have this Dance with You?"

"As you respond to ME, I will turn you and put you on a different path.
As you move in partnership with ME you will glide with grace and ease
in sync and rhythm with Me because this is the path I have chosen
for you to be on. This dance is reserved for you alone.
Only You and I can dance this dance. I will not allow anyone
to cut in on Me once you have consented to having this dance with Me."

"May I have this Dance?"

Psa. 30:11 You have changed my sadness into a joyful dance;
you have taken away my sorrow and surrounded me with joy.

No comments: