Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Capacity- Super Size Me Lord!

The Lord keeps speaking to me today about capacity; our capacity for Him. So lets look at that definition to see just what is He saying?


CAPACITY, n.

1. Passive power; the power of containing, or holding; extent of room or space; as the capacity of a vessel, or a cask.

2. The extent or comprehensiveness of the mind; the power of receiving ideas or knowledge.

The faculty or potential for treating, experiencing, or appreciating

3. Active power; ability; applied to men or things; but less common, and correct.

The world does not include a cause endued with such capacities.

4. State; condition; character; profession; occupation. A man may act in the capacity of a mechanic, of a friend, of an attorney, or of a statesman. He may have a natural or a political capacity.

5. Ability, in a moral or legal sense; qualification; legal power or right; as, a man or a corporation may have a capacity to give or receive and hold estate.


Okay looking at the definitions we can see several applications for the word, in relationship to God. A container only has the ability to hold a regimented amount in it. After that you’ve reached the threshold and your cup runneth over! But unlike an inanimate cup or pitcher, the human soul and the human spirit has the capability to expand!


Athletes train in their certain field of expertise, but they also cross train. Like basket ball players may lift weights and run. A runner may also swim and work out. And a runner knows that they need to train on different terrains… So they will go mountain climbing or run uphill, things that will expand their endurance and lung capacity.


Heb 5:14 (KJV) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1Ti 4:8 (AMP) For physical training is of some value (useful for a little), but godliness (spiritual training) is useful and of value in everything and in every way, for it holds promise for the present life and also for the life which is to come.


Act 24:16 (AMP) Therefore I always exercise and discipline myself [mortifying my body, deadening my carnal affections, bodily appetites, and worldly desires, endeavoring in all respects] to have a clear (unshaken, blameless) conscience, void of offense toward God and toward men.

Jude 1:20 (WNT) But you, my dearly-loved friends, building yourselves up on the basis of your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit,


When an athlete trains, what are they doing? They are building themselves up physically!

I was actually very tired when I began to write this and asked the Lord to speak to me to explain what he was talking about. He very graciously spoke to me in a dream, to help me understand. I will share part of it here, just to encourage you:


I was at a clinic- it was a birthing clinic…we were in a room that had a very large bed and a friend was getting ready to have a baby. I was reclining at one end of it because she was with the nurses at the bottom of it and they were putting her into the stirrup chair to check her out… A nurse came in and asked me if I had done something… they wanted me to keep a chart on myself for excercising , cleaning… and I was to mark every time I did these things… I said yes I did do some cleaning… no I didn’t write it down… she handed me a small notebook and it was filled with notes! Notes that had been taken on me and she said, “here… put it in here and keep this going.” I was shocked at all the entries that they had tracked about me.

I got a phone call while in there and my sister Julie was asking me for my old blue Nova. I had called her over a week ago (in the dream) to tell her that we were getting rid of it and getting something newer. Now she called saying that her father in law wanted the car back. I told her she was too late we got rid of it already. It had been several years since we had gotten it from him I never dreamed he would call wanting back.


(Things that you think are inconsequential can come back to make demands… know the strings attached before you accept it.)


I came out of there and there was a white sedan parked perpendicular to the parking spots and I realized it was an unmarked police car.. I could see the blue uniform inside. I bent down to see the officer and it was Sarah Palin! She called to me- “my sister! hello!” and reached to hug and kiss me, but we couldn’t touch across the seat, so I walked around to the drivers side and we hugged. She was happy to see me. Just then 2 men (male nurses) came out and told her to park in a certain place the Dr. would fit her into the schedule. So we said good bye and I left. I remember thinking in the dream, “look Governor Palin is now working as a police officer and Ambassador Ssempala is now at the World Bank.”


(My friend was the Ambassador for Uganda for a great length of time...the Lord has changed course for her recently and she is now at the World Bank... but still ever the fireball for Jesus and exercising great influence.) Sometimes we change courses and wonder, what now? Or we always seem to be assisting others with their dreams and visions (the birthing clinic) and wonder about our own, when Lord? Or because of current surroundings and situations, it seems as though our capacity to hear, receive, feed has diminished...


As I wrote down the dream the Lord spoke the following to me for the blog:


"There are things that you are doing right now, that you do not realize the impact of them. They seem harmless enough. But they ARE having an impact! This can go both ways… for good or for ill. The things you say and do are being carefully recorded. The angels are making note and the enemy is also taking note. The later to bring accusation and to try and trip you up, but the former is looking for the materials with which to complete their assignment to you. Also there are things that you think have absolutely no bearing on what you believe your call, your assignment, your vision is, but I tell you they are inner connected. The trials are come from the enemy to test you- to see if he can pull you off course, out of focus and get you bogged down and sidetracked. Some tedious things are really assignments from ME designed to strengthen you, although they seem completely out of your “field,” they are having an effect of producing patience and stamina. Remember I said all things work together for your good. Guard against little offenses because remember the little foxes spoil the vine."


(Little foxes they dig up and tear down and destroy the vines in their attempts to steal the fruit. Little things can wreak havoc if you let them.)


The Lord reminded me of 2 more scriptures then:


Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


(The word purpose has as 1 of it’s meanings “INTENTION”).


Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.


The word thought ALSO means INTENTIONS. What is God’s original intention towards us? Will we believe the lie of the enemy and thing the evil, the pain the sickness, the turmoil that has come into our lives is because God is trying to “teach us something”? Or will we believe that yes those things have come looking to see what is our capacity to believe God in the midst of a storm?


When an athlete is training, the last thing he and the coach want to have happen to the athlete is an injury to sideline them. If it is so in the natural, how much more in the spiritual?!!


What is your capacity to see God, to hear His voice? As we EXERCISE our spiritual sense we learn to hear/see more clearly. When we give time and attention to something we begin to desire more of that thing. Our training never ends. We are constantly being fine tuned and given opportunities to grow from where we now are.


I am reminded of Robert Browning penning these words to his beloved: "Come grow old with me, the best is yet to be!" And I hear the Spirit whisper, "Come grow with me, the best is yet to be!" Super-size me Lord!



P.S. As added confirmation, the Lord had this waiting in my email box today: it is from Sandy Warner about birthing and building on what is...

Jesus is the Way
dovecompany

DOVES ON THE EGGS


From the rhema journals of Sandy Warner * swauthor@usa.net * www.thequickenedword.com


DOVES ON THE EGGS

RHEMA 10/10/08 KEEPING THE EGGS WARM

Pix: I saw little circular stainless steel alcoves and there were doves sitting in each one nesting over eggs.

HEARD: They are Mine. I am keeping them. Precious and united.

=======

RHEMA 10/22/08 PACK EM UP, WE’RE MOVING THE EGGS

HEARD: Packing the eggs and then we rest. Who’se hatching your egg? You are. You all are. Multiple seeds. Multiple shoulders.

LIKE AN EGG 4/14/98

Just like an egg, I will bring you to birth. Growing from a tiny state, what I conceive grows in secret behind the shell of My covering. Ordained in perfect seasons, each stage of growth is built upon another until all comes to fruition.

One day I will call forth that which I have created within you. You will begin to break your own walls of confinement and come out of your shell. This requires strength and tenacity to break your own restraints. It requires a courageous heart to face the outside world. This process is not something I do for you, because if I were to do so, the strength you need to face your surroundings would not be fully developed. I need your cooperation to bring you to birth. I promise you My help and protection, but you must be willing and persistent to break your own yokes.

You will know it’s time when you grow so big that you can no longer stay within your established borders. You will know it’s time when you want to come out. You will know it’s time when everything in you says, “Yes! … It is time!” And when it is time, you will have the strength and the tenacity to break free.

“And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.” (Isa 10:27)

=======

POPPING THE EGG 5/20/05

Yes My love. All those years of delay have been accumulating. You have been sitting on a large nest egg and it has grown larger and more valuable with time. Did you think that when I gave you My promise, and then you had to wait, that I would give you a stone? Never, My love.

Those seeds of My Words in your life, the ones that you held onto, the ones that you brought into your dwelling place, those rich and fertile eggs are like multiplied pearls ready for harvest. Each and every year that you have waited and trusted Me, I have added increased wealth to your basket. Rich and full and overflowing, My abundance is popping out all over. Travail is very painful, it is true. But oh such joy comes when the baby is birthed!

John 16:21-23 AMP

A woman, when she gives birth to a child, has grief (anguish, agony) because her time has come. But when she has delivered the child, she no longer remembers her pain (trouble, anguish) because she is so glad that a man (a child, a human being) has been born into the world. So for the present you are also in sorrow (in distress and depressed); but I will see you again and [then] your hearts will rejoice, and no one can take from you your joy (gladness, delight). And when that time comes, you will ask nothing of Me [you will need to ask Me no questions]. I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that My Father will grant you whatever you ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM]. [Ex 3:14.]

=======

EGG-SPEC-TATIONS 8/11/06

I am forming precious new giftings inside the wombs of those who have waited upon Me for their promises of new joys. Hover over your egg-spectations and keep them warm. Do not leave the nest unguarded. The hope you have in your heart for a new life, role and function is incubating right now. What you expect will look differently when it is made manifest, but you will be given glimpses of it as it secretly grows through its pre-determined stages. Let nothing come through strife or vainglory, let it be birthed naturally. Lay your expectations down as to how all unfolds, but let your egg-spectations be filled with faith, hope and love. Love will never fail you dear one, never.

Rom 8:19-20 NKJV

For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, the Life, and He died for you.
Words from the email list, The Quickened Word are excerpts from the rhema journals of Sandy Warner. To better understand how God speaks, read Sandy’s book, “101+ Ways God Speaks, And How to Hear Him.” Website: www.thequickenedword.com Email: swauthor@usa.net Permission to forward and/or post at websites is given with this footer attached.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BOOKS ~~~ CONTACT~~~ E-BOOKS~~~ EMAIL LIST~~~ FORUMS~~~ LOGIN~~~ MOST RECENT POST~~~
~~~ OTHER LINKS~~~ GALLERY~~~ SANDY'S CDs~~~ SEARCH ALL WRITINGS~~~ WORDS TO PONDER~~~
NEW SCHOOL ~~~ADD YOUR LINK TO THE DIRECTORY ~~~
CHAT ROOMS ~~~ BUILD A PUZZLE ~~~
INTERP GLOSSARY



1 comment:

B*T said...

thank you my sister, I needed this today.
Because HE lives, b*t