Friday, March 6, 2009

My Authority is Your Protection

On the way to work today there were two different branches of law enforcement working in our development. Then when I crossed into the next town over, there was yet another police car there, and it was busy monitoring a fender bender. When I saw the third police car I immediately asked, "Ok Lord, what are you saying?" And this is what I heard:

"My authority is on the job, guarding you." (I thought about His angels on assignment to us, hearkening to His Word.)

Then as I sat down to write out what He had spoken, I was quickened by this thought: 3 different police. Trinity: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Scripture says: 1Jn 5:7 (YLT) because three are who are testifying in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these--the three--are one; 1Jn 5:8 and three are who are testifying in the earth , the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one.

Then my girlfriend and I were talking tonight and she is relating a quote of something she heard Kenneth Copeland say recently, about 2009 being a dangerous year and this being dangerous times, except for the believer who is walking in Him. I immediately thought about what God had spoken this morning!

1Pe 5:7
(AMP) Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. [Psalms 55:22]

If we will hearken to the authority that He has in place already ( His WORD, His Spirit and His Blood Shed for us) and respond to it, then we won't struggle so much to recognize the authority placed in those sent to help us, to prosper us, to watch over our souls: Apostles, Prophets, and Pastors...

(GNB) It was he who "gave gifts to people"; he appointed some to be apostles, others to be prophets, others to be evangelists, others to be pastors and teachers.

Will you hearken?

Heb 13:17
(AMP) Obey your spiritual leaders and submit to them [continually recognizing their authority over you], for they are constantly keeping watch over your souls and guarding your spiritual welfare, as men who will have to render an account [of their trust]. [Do your part to] let them do this with gladness and not with sighing and groaning, for that would not be profitable to you [either].

No comments: