Thursday, July 19, 2012

Coming to America, Coming to Christ

Neil Diamond wrote a song called "Coming to America."  It is about the immigrants who came to find Liberty and Freedom here.  Traveling away from all that was known to them, they pushed on to meet their dream face to face.

 I have been reminded of this song lately.  Tonight my girlfriend and I were talking about it, and I played the song for her.  The following conversation took place as she spoke with deep passion and then we shared back and forth and I meditated on the conversation:

America- our forefathers and ancestors struggled and faced such adversity to get here and to travel westward.  They faced such uncertainties and danger around every bend, and yet they pushed forward.  Many died along the way.  Yet they felt the reward of FREEDOM and religious liberty outweighed any risk. America- My Country tis of Thee sweet land of Liberty! They HAD to come they had to risk, the dream and desire was greater than anything else they knew.

OH that WE as the BODY of CHRIST-as CHRISTIANS, would hold that appeal to the world!  That the deep burning desire would be such that people would say,"I MUST find a Christian who can tell me about, can lead me to this JESUS CHRIST that they serve!"  That we would portray Christ in such a way that HE would be irresistible to the world. 

They are searching, they are dying and they don't even KNOW that there is ONE and ONLY ONE WAY, ONE NAME above all others, ONE PERSON, that holds the keys to LIFE and DEATH. That ONE PERSON, that ONE NAME, that ONE TRUTH is JESUS CHRIST and HE IS GOD and HE IS RETURNING for a spotless BRIDE!

Instead of singing they're coming to America, TODAY!  We need to be singing, prophesying and praying it through, "They're Coming to CHRIST, TODAY! For though I LOVE AMERICA, My HOME is in HEAVEN, My CITIZENSHIP is there, MY origination began there in God's own heart and it there (In communion with HIS HEART) that I find my place, my purpose, my peace!  It is where you and all mankind will find theirs as well, if they will but come.

THIS is what people need to know! There is a journey made with the heart. A journey of Faith and Trust. Just like Father Abraham made.  That if we are to "come home" and "find ourselves," that each one of us must make.   It is a journey to the cross, and to the heart of God, where we discover HIS AMAZING LOVE for each of us! 

Think about it. ALL other religions and gods DEMAND so much before they "may" give the person even an acknowledgement!  But only in Christianity and Judaism do we find a LOVING,GOD who loved us FIRST and GAVE before we ever even thought about giving HIM anything!

Coming to AMERICA was synonymous with coming to worship GOD freely. coming to share in the BLESSING that GOD has made America to be!  

I believe and therefore I speak: America Shall return to her CHRISTIAN HERITAGE! She SHALL once again "send the Gospel Light" clear and far!
Red, White and Blue, I declare to you GOD, America is FOR YOU!  America SHALL be Saved! 

Just as they are coming to America every time the Flag is unfurled, they are coming to YOU Almighty God and Creator of the Universe, the Maker of our World!

They are coming to Jesus Christ, they are coming to Jesus Christ, they are coming to Jesus Christ, TODAY!  Hallelujah! Amen.

Enjoy this video I found online and envision with me, as many coming to Christ that have come to America! That many and MORE!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister Nancy !
Very powerful and a much needed breath of fresh air

Anonymous said...

Well said! Amen!

Raymonda said...

This is what I posted to my Facebook last night, with the link to your blog, my beloved friend:
“While talking to Nancy tonight about her spiritual son, a Ugandan pastor, coming to America in August, and we would sing “He’s coming to America”, she played the song for me and all I could see and hear were the hope-filled cries of the lost coming to Christ if our lives were as appealing as “the promised land, the dreamed of place called America,” that people gave up everything and left the past behind to start a new life and come to this great land founded on the promises of God’s Word, on the Rock Jesus Christ Himself! My heart just burst open and cried out that what they see in us and hear about Christ and experience of Him through our lives be irresistible and they would come flocking, knowing this is what they yearned for in their hearts all their lives, but didn’t know there could be LIFE as Christ paid His all to provide for humanity! Just as people used to come to Miss Kuhlman’s meetings, saints and sinners alike, because they had HEARD that healing and miracles were there…and come and meet the Healer Himself! Like people flocked to Jesus when they heard about Him, Beloved I BELIEVE with all my heart the closer we get to Him, the more intimate our relationship with Him, the greater His passionate love for the lost and backsliders will pour through us, with signs, wonders and miracles! I SEE it in my heart! It’s HIS heart’s desire! Are we willing to lay down our lives for Jesus as He laid His down for all humanity, so HE will be seen and experienced in manifestation of His Glory, the Resurrected Christ THROUGH us before He comes on clouds of Glory and we go HOME! I say YES we are…by His Grace! The video and word are powerful! They’re coming to Jesus Christ from every tongue and tribe and people and nation! It’s HIS time! And we are so blessed to be here “for such a time as this!” The video is Neil Diamond singing “They’re coming to America”! with powerful pictures!”