Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentine Poem to God

Happy Valentines Day Daddy!
Happy Valentine's Day Jesus!
Happy Valentine's Day Holy Spirit!
Happy Day of Love!

This day for lovers- I have no greater 
lover of my soul
No one else that can make me whole.
No one knows me thought by thought like You!
No one loves me the way that You do.

Friends send greetings, spouses buy cards
There's chocolate and flowers and
ribbons by the yard!

What a lovely day when you are in love
What a lovely day of blessings from above!

Lest i forget, let me stop and say "Thank You."

Thank You for the Love You bestow day by day.
Thank You for the Love that lights up my way.
Thank You for the love found in Your eyes,
when You say, "Take wing Eagle, it's time to fly!"

The Blessings you grant in abundant overflow,
are only a small part of the Love that You show. 
For deep in my heart there is peace, there is joy untold,
That the Creator of the Universe seeks me out as His very own.

On Valentine's Day, I come to You
no gift can I give but to be bold
Declaring who you are, Oh Ancient of Old.

You are brighter than the Sunshine,
or glittering star, You Are
closer than my heart beat or
breath that I breathe,
You Are Life to me

Thank You my Bridegroom and King
for setting me free.
Thank you for opening
my eyes that I might see. 

Thank You for speaking
and calling my name
Thank You for Your Love,
I'll never be the same.

Glory, Glory, Glory
to Your Most Holy Name.
You are Lord, You are Love and
this forever I'll proclaim

I love You, I need You,
I adore You so...
Please accept my feeble attempts
to somehow let You know!

© NEM 2-14-2012

No comments: