Thursday, August 13, 2009

Anticipation

Anticipation: The act of looking forward; especially pleasurable expectation. Visualization of a future event or state.

Anticipate: transitive verb: to give advance thought, discussion, or treatment,
to meet (an obligation) before a due date, to foresee and deal with in advance, forestall, to act before (another) often so as to check or counter, to look
forward to as certain : expect

I leave for London in 5 days. There is great anticipation on all fronts.
My son Ola can hardly wait for my arrival, as can my beautiful daughter in love Adele. The grand kids are excited. My Dad is anticipating a great move of God when I minister in the churches I'll be speaking in. I am expecting God!

I am thinking of that little chorus my friend Karen taught me years ago:
I anticipate the inevitable, supernatural, intervention of God.
I expect a miracle, I expect a miracle, I expect a miracle!

Are you expecting God? Like King David, do you expect to see
the Goodness of God in the Land of the Living?
Are you visualizing the answer(s) to your prayers?
Are you looking forward with certainty? Or dread?

Do you know God also looks forward with anticipation?
He visualizes how things are going to be and speaks about
them as if they already are, and calls them into being.

He tells us to do the same; calling those things
that be not as though they ARE.

Put Your "Expecters" on!

Start expecting GOD to show up on your behalf.


2 comments:

Karen said...

Yes, Yes, we must be in anticipation. There is a groaning in creation. It’s a day of celebration, as we are all in cooperation with the mighty plan of God for our lives! Karen

Carole said...

Amen!!