Sunday, May 31, 2009

Line Leader

I received a Prophetic Word for the Body from my Dad-Pastor Rusty today. It is especially for leadership, but the whole body can benefit from it. As I read it I was reminded of this scripture in Ezekiel:

Eze 34:17 And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.
Eze 34:18 Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?
Eze 34:19 And as for my flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet.
Eze 34:20 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD unto them; Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle.
Eze 34:21 Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;
Eze 34:22 Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.

Without any further comment here is the Word:

Do you know what a line leader is? A line leader is the child in line at the front that leads the line of children out to recess or in from recess or to some other function or event. It is a position of honor among the kids and they literally fight to hold that position as temporary and transitional as it is. How many of us have tried to be line leader?

You know, where what we have to say is more important than what anyone else has to say?
What we want to do is more important than what anyone else wants to do?
Where our revelation far exceeds another person’s revelation on a scripture?
Where what we believe must be spoken ahead of anyone else’s?
Where we get offended when someone does not show us ‘proper respect’?
Where what someone else has to say doesn’t matter so we constantly interrupt them?
Where we respect ourselves more than the other person?
This is the spirit that now runs our government. It does not matter what is best for the country as long as we can defeat the other political party.
This is also the spirit that is much too prevalent in many churches.

Speak of Line Leaders…

The body of Christ is either going through or about to go through a period of renewal. The Father is about to level the playing field. What has gone before is not going to count in this new thing He is doing. Past ministry or ministries are not going to count. It is time for the revealing of the Sons and some of them are 11th hour sons. Those that attempt to be first will indeed be last and those that would exalt themselves will be taken down.

New visions are about to be birthed and new rules of engagement are being put into place. Pettiness and pride will no longer be tolerated by the Father because He is about to use those whom He chooses and not those who choose themselves. In this day you had better not exalt yourself or think more highly of yourself than you should. That will be a dangerous thing to do, especially for the prophetic. If you attempt to move yourself to the front of the line you will find yourself at the end of the line. To whom much is given, much is required and much will be required of the prophetic in this day. It will be hard to not run ahead of the Father and equally difficult not to lag behind. The speed at which He moves may be constantly changing and may not be in your timing, but His. You will HAVE to stay in the Spirit in order to serve Him fully. There is no time for arrogance or self seeking spirits. If you are not willing to be a servant you will be set aside as a prophet and a new prophet will be raised in your place. If you do not believe that the Father will do this consider Elijah. The Father removed him before he was finished and even made him anoint his successor.

If you get concerned that people do not recognize your position or authority, consider David. David was a king but he was submissive to the Lord and answerable to the Lord. He took the place of a poor man when in God’s presence and did not exalt his position. Although he was anointed king long before he was installed as king he respected the sitting king as wrong as Saul was. Jesus knew that He was king of kings, but lowered himself in order to minister to the people round about him.
Isaiah 42:8 (KJV)
8I am the LORDH3068: that is my nameH8034: and my gloryH3519 will I not giveH5414 to anotherH312, neither my praiseH8416 to gravenH6456 images.

Isaiah 42:9 (KJV)
9BeholdH2009, the formerH7223 things are comeH935 to pass, and newH2319 things do I declareH5046: beforeH2962 they springH6779 forth I tellH8085 you of them.

There is no more time for big me and little you for the ground has been leveled at Golgatha. No more speak of past victories or defeats for they are meaningless in this new thing. I will raise up a generation that will serve Me in spirit and in truth. They will obey Me and My word and will not exalt themselves or strive to justify themselves. They are mine in this hour and I will lead guide and direct them. If anyone tries to cause stumbling among them I myself will defend them for they are precious to me. Anyone that dares to hold on to past things will be dragged down and I will replace them with one of My new ones. My word will go forth over all the earth. Did I not say this of old? Did I not say through my prophets what I would accomplish? Yet my prophetic spirit has been defiled, it has been merchandized and sold for a price. It has been used as an instrument of pride and self service and not for the nations. I will no longer tolerate those that defile my prophetic spirit for they attempt to defile Me. Many false prophets have gone out over the land to seek whom they may deceive and I will no longer be longsuffering with them. They practice witchcraft and divining and I will no longer tolerate them. I am about to spew them out of My mouth and replace them with prophets after my own heart. Pride and arrogance will be cast down and honesty and truth will be the words of the day. My prophets WILL humble themselves under my hand and speak only what I have given them to speak. They will be submissive to Me or I will set them aside until they repent. The fire will burn in them but there will be no way to quench it. They will be rejected and unheard until they repent and come under submission to Me. If they have unconfessed sin in their hearts the people will not receive them until they repent. Even though they speak truth, it will not be received because of the sin. Correction starts in My house and it will start with my Apostles and prophets so that they will speak a true word in season to my hurting and hopeless flock. This is the season I will raise up pastors after My Heart and they will lead My flock to the still waters and good pasture. Watch and see if I will not do as I have spoken for the time is at hand.

Pastor Russell Bowles

1 comment:

Carole said...

A lot to think about. Thanks Nancy