Friday, May 29, 2009

Old Things Made New

My computer is in the shop, having windows reloaded. My anti virus was running out and so I decided to try a new brand. I downloaded it, but it just would not work! Afterwards I found out it was because I had a spyware blaster program also loaded and those two conflict each other. But I did not uninstall the OLD stuff before I downloaded the NEW. So my windows just froze up and became unresponsive.

Kind of what happens when we try to live a new life, without letting the Lord uninstall the old junk of our former life. The two conflict and we end up going in circles.

Sometimes old files can sit on a hard drive and take up space and suddenly one day pop up, corrupting important data. So it is with "old things" in our lives: old hurts, old thought patterns, old ways of doing things. Paul said, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Reminds me of the Chorus from Wayne Watson's Song "New Lives for Old:"

New lives for old
Warm hearts for cold
Have I got a deal for you today
C'mon, step right this way
And get your new lives for old

God has said HE is doing something new...

Isa 43:19
(AMP) Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

Your "desert time" has been long enough. I am sending the rains of My Spirit upon you. I am sending the Sword of my Word to do surgery upon your heart. I will have you both Holy and Whole. Therfore I am purging, and I am pruning and I am propigating. I am removing briars and rotted things that would spoil the lovely bouquet of your aroma in my nostrils. I am washing away the grit and remembrance of former things that make you cringe when I come near you, for you fear both rejection and retribution. I deal even handedly, not with clenched fists or backward smacks in your face. My hands are open because my Son's open hands still carry the scars of the nails... My hands are not slack, they are quick to catch you when you fall, quick to steady your gait, guide your course, rein you in when you are going astray. Yes my hands deal lovingly with you IF you will let them. When you will not,then they hold correction, but even that is MY love in action to rescue you! Turn now and let me heal you. Turn now and be mae whole. Turn now and come swim in the waters of my refreshing, the streams of My Spirit. Come let the updraft of the WINDS OF CHANGE take you beyond where you have dreamed of being. Not only do I make all things new, but I beautify what is Mine. I want you for my very own and Mine alone! I do not make mistakes nor do I make junk. That is why My Gifts and Callings are without repentance! Selah.


John 15:16
(BBE) You did not take me for yourselves, but I took you for myself; and I gave you the work of going about and producing fruit which will be for ever; so that whatever request you make to the Father in my name He may give it to you.

1 comment:

B*T said...

WHEN IS THE BOOK COMING OUT? WE SURE DO NEED ALL OF THESE POWERFUL WORDS...MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU WITH HIS WISDOM, LUV YA B*T