Friday, May 22, 2009

Standing Watch

Sometimes things come at us fast and furious. It is best not to react but to rather, watch and wait for the Lord to reveal the next move that should be ours. Let us look at scripture today to help us:

Hab 2:1 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

First thing of note here is, "I will stand" not I will sit by idly, or I will lay down on the job, or I will throw my hands up in despair...

Eph 6:13 So put on all the armor that God gives. Then when that evil day comes, you will be able to defend yourself. And when the battle is over, you will still be standing firm.

The word" stand" in the Old Testament means:" be employed, endure, establish, be [over], (be) present (self), raise up, remain, repair, + serve, to stand, take one’s stand, be in a standing attitude, stand forth, take a stand, present oneself, attend upon, be or become servant of, to stand still, stop (moving or doing), cease, to tarry, delay, remain, continue, abide, endure, persist, be steadfast, to make a stand, hold one’s ground."

And in Eph. it means: (in part) "of quality, one who does not hesitate, does not waiver 1b2) to stand, be kept intact (of family, a kingdom), to escape in safety, to establish a thing, cause it to stand, to uphold or sustain the authority or force of anything."

Jesus said, "I must be about my Father's business..." In Rev. He said Occupy (transact business as a banker) till I come. Jesus was employed doing God's business.

2nd thing of note is "MY WATCH." Having married a military man, I understand the word "Watch." It is your turn at guard duty. You are on post, on call, available and alert. There is a time to lay down and sleep and trust God, and there is a time for us to be "on watch." When we are on watch, we can receive instructions and necessary orders for battle. We are also guarding. That was Adam's job when he was told to "keep" the Garden of Eden. That word keep means guard and protect! This is where exercising our authority comes in. We have to know that we have the tools to do the job!

Next we see" set me" which means: stand with someone, to place (any thing so as to stay) We need to set ourselves in agreement with God and His Word so that we can set ourselves to stand with others for their breakthroughs, or to determine to position ourselves so as to stay and not be swept away by a tide of events.

The next word tower means: hemmed in, a strong tower, a bulwark, a fortress, rampart- That which fortifies and defends from assault; that which secures safety.

The 2nd word watch means this: to look out or about, spy, keep watch, observe, watch closely. In other words Be attentive!

To see: have visions, discern, take heed, perceive, to advise self.

What He will say: what God will arrange, speak, declare, command, promise, teach, warn, sing. We NEED, we MUST hear what God is speaking! Or singing!
Zep 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.


I am intrigued with God arranging things! He does it so well! He declares to us: Jer 29:11
(AMP) For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

We need to tune in to His plans!

When I am reproved. Ouch! chastisement; figuratively (by words) correction, refutation, proof (even in defence): - argument, X chastened, correction, reasoning, rebuke, reproof, X be (often) reproved.

I had God correct me a few days ago. I said something. HE pulled me up short on it. It was nebulous and could lead the other person to believe I meant it a certain way- which would have been to my advantage, when really and truly my original intent had not been exactly that. If it is nebulous, it is not pure.
Let your yes be yes and your nay be nay. A half truth is still a lie. Ouch, Yes Father! I am sorry. So I had to go and apologize and square it up with the person (who graciously forgave me.)

Mother's know all about being a watchman on the wall. Even when sleeping, they are tuned in to hear the slightest whimper from their child! They are vigilant and alert to danger to their family. (Usually. There are exceptions who abdicate their positions.) There have been times I have had warning dreams, or sudden thoughts concerning on e of my grown boys or the grandkids... I don't always understand it right away. But if I wait for Him, He WILL reveal it to me.

Are you employed and on watch? Are you listening and attending, serving and standing with someone? Are you remaining steadfast? Are you spiritually employed with the Father's Business? And are you "keeping" what He has entrusted into your care?

if you feel like you are being bombarded, set yourself upon that tower!
Say with David: Ps. 61:1 A Psalm of David.> Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
Psa 61:2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psa 61:3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

Or with Solomon: Pro 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Having done all to stand, STAND! Eph 6:13 (MSG) Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk (live) in the flesh, we are not carrying on our warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons.
2Co 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds,
2Co 10:5 [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One),


Warrior I am calling you! It is time to step forth and take your place. You've hid in caves, behind rocks and held your peace when you should have spoke. It is time that you come out of hiding and be endued once again with My Power from on high. It is time to stop looking back or nursing old hurts. It is a time of restoration - I am restoring to you what the canker worm and Palmer worm and locust have eaten; Your self -esteem. Your self confidence and confidence in Me. Have you forgot? My giftings and calling are without repentance. You might feel rusty and out of sync, but as you stand your watch, I will show you many things. Some are just for you. Some are for My Body. Some are to be shared. Some are to prayed. Some are to be warred against. Your commission never expires. You have been AWOL too long! Return and repent. Let me build you up and put you back into position. Although you stepped out of place, you never stepped out of My heart. It has been hard for you out there on the lam (running away.) Return to Me and in returning you will find strength, confidence and rest and be saved. The best is yet to be. Come, stand the watch with Me!

Jer 33:3


(AMP) Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).

(BBE) Let your cry come to me, and I will give you an answer, and let you see great things and secret things of which you had no knowledge.

(CEV) Ask me, and I will tell you things that you don't know and can't find out.

--
Posted By Heart and Hands Int'l Ministries to His Heart My Home...From the Heart of God to You at 5/22/2009 11:10:00 PM Please post your comments!

1 comment:

Carole said...

excellent! Thanks, Nancy