Wednesday, November 30, 2011

EVENING SONG


The Evening Song.

I stepped outside about 4:30 pm today. It had been pouring rain all afternoon and had just slackened up slightly.  Even in the gathering gloom, with little light left and dark clouds overhead, I heard it!  Hear what you ask?  Why, it was, “The Evening Song.!”

My heart immediately lifted, not that I was down, not at all! It just leapt with joy to hear the sound and began to sing its own evening song. Come and sing an Evening Song!

The Evening Song.

The day it is done
And evening has come
It’s the time of the evening song
Won’t you come and sing along?

The birds lift their voice in Cheerful Praise
Thanking God for keeping them all their days.
In the shadows of the coming night
They know HE alone gives food and Life and Light.

Joining with Creation’s happy throng
My heart burst forth in joyful song
To God, My Saviour, Lord and King
I laugh and shout, Bow and Sing!

While evening shadows grow long
I offer up to You my Evening Song
For You Alone are my Everything
Your Love makes my heart to soar and sing.

You Alone are worthy! You Alone!
You Alone are Faithful You Alone!
You Alone are True, You Alone.
You Alone are my life’s Cornerstone!

You Alone Deserve all my Praise
For You Alone give meaning to my days
You Alone are Lovely and In You
I find My Home. In You Alone.
In YOU ALONE.

© NEM 11-29-11



1 comment:

Raymonda said...

Nancy, I am SO blessed with your posts…and my heart sings “The Evening Song” in total agreement! Raymonda