Friday, June 26, 2009

An Undivided Heart


An undivided heart
may I never, ne'er depart
from serving only You
with a heart that's pure and true.

I want to run into Your arms
from all that distracts and harms
Help me keep my eyes on You
and fan the flames of my love anew...

I have decided-
to be undivided
no more will I share
my heart with things that only snare.

It is Your face I want to see
Your dwelling place I long to be
For Your Presence I long and sigh
Without your touch I shrivel up and die.

My love I come to thee
In many ways that you do not see
I whisper softly to draw you near
Let Me stroke your face and calm your fear.

Expect My Favor and Grace
poured out to you in every place
When your heart is divided you see
you do not receive the Best of Me

Your heart I want to embrace
Come and take your rightful place
Knowing at your side forever I'll be;
Come my Bride and dance with Me!

NEM

© 2009


3. Not directed or given to more than one object; as, undivided attention or affection. --Shak.
Psalm 86:11
Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

Ezekiel 11:19
I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

No comments: