Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Follow up to The Day to Fast and Pray

Hello Dear Ones,

I received texts and emails that many of you were answering
that call to fast to pray. God Bless You.
Oh how it warmed my heart that the Family was rallying!

Today I read some of my emails (yes I fasted my computer all day yesterday!) and had some responses to the post, and the day yesterday- a couple of interesting posts that were written by others who don't know me and had not read my post. So am posting those here for you to read.

If you have any feedback, or things you would like to share about your day of fasting and prayer- please email me or post a comment!

"Thank you for posting this, Nancy. I am definitely taking it seriously! Heavy.... yes. Here's a piece I received this morning from Lloyd Phillips, via email. I will tac it on as they both relate to the U.S." - Vicki


"In recent weeks I have been carrying an intercessory burden that will come and go. It’s unlike anything I have felt since the spring of 2001. But I needed more specific definition about the burden I was carrying. As I was out early in the morning praying I asked the Lord for more clarity. As I sat on a log and prayed I heard clearly the words “don’t allow the enemy to sneak up behind you, look into the mirror to see what’s coming.” I actually felt like looking over my shoulder to see if someone were coming up behind me. But in my mind I could see a picture of looking over my shoulder to see anything coming up behind me.

When I got home I told my wife what the Lord had spoken to me and asked her for her impression on what it might mean. She said when I told her what was said she immediately thought of the rear view mirror on her car that says “the objects in the mirror are closer than you think.” We thought that whatever is attempting to “sneak up on us” is closer than it seems.

Interpretation is a very critical part of a revelation and worth spending time, prayer, and council over. I mentioned the word I’d received to a prophetic pastor friend of mine over the phone, and as I did I had a picture of the Greek hero Perseus whom, you will recall, defeated Medusa. Medusa could turn anyone into stone who looked upon her. But by using his polished shield as a mirror he was able to look around objects to “see what was coming” and by seeing Medusa's reflection in his “mirror”, he was able to safely behead her. He even used that head as a weapon in the future. I had not thought of this story for a possible interpretation before that moment. As soon as I shared it with my friend, he exclaimed that instantly, when I mentioned looking in the mirror to see what was coming, he thought that what is behind us is our history, and the history of our government is Greece, the birthplace of the first republic and inspiration for our republic. When I then brought up an example from Greek mythology he couldn’t keep it to himself.

He thought their history is our history but they have left the balanced blessing of a republic and are suffering grave consequences for doing so. We likewise have left the balanced government of a republic, although much more recently, and are beginning to feel the consequences of doing so. Could it be that what we have been watching in Greece is just around the corner for us, and closer than we think?

I have more to say on this in my next message.

Hos 5:8 "Blow the ram's horn in Gibeah, The trumpet in Ramah!
Cry aloud at Beth Aven, 'Look behind you, O Benjamin!"

Lloyd

“Equipping the Saints for a World of Harvest”

Lloyd C. Phillips, Director
The Fellow Laborers' International Network (FLInt Net)
P.O. Box 113 Missoula, MT 59806
Phone (406) 251- 5730
impact@flintnet.org
http://www.flintnet.org
http://www.lloydphillips.org
Please feel free to pass this on to your friends.


SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by Marsha Burns -- June 2, 2010:
Have you noticed that something has changed in your spiritual atmosphere? Yet, because you have not identified this change, it just seems strange. I have released the power of grace over My people. Evaluate how it affects your soul and your environment and remember it, for surely the enemy is preparing to attack again. And, when he does you will notice the change and be prepared to fight against him. Be aware and be sensitive to these spiritual shifts, go with the flow, and act accordingly, says the Lord.
Romans 13:11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.


Dear Nancy,

Here is what I saw in the spirit as I prayed yesterday.
1. Church members pointing fingers at each other used by the accuser of the brethren. The fingers eventually were turned by the finger of God to themselves for repentance.

2. Harvest field of hungry, abused people and the Body of Christ reaching out, led by children and youth, saying, “How can I help you?”. “What do you need?’” The need would be met –body, soul and spirit, many times by signs and wonders. ‘the glory of God was in back of them and no harm could come near them. (Is.58:6-8)

3. Saw the church say to the Lord, (bowing down), “How may I serve you?” Followed by another vision of the Bride saying “What can I do for You today, Honey?”

4. (Is.58:11-12) I saw a garden of flowers flourishing because of the giving manifested. I saw beautiful houses representing the church was to re-build—to build anew—(better than before). Is.58:12 All new, beautiful houses being built whose foundation was Jesus Christ. Many people were placed in new houses, e.g. Haiti—better houses than they ever had. Spiritually, these families are houses of the Lord, turning to Jesus as their source of life for everything.

5. Kept hearing “”I want a broken and contrite heart.” And “Choose this day whom you will serve—God or Mammon.” I then heard the song, “I have decided to follow Jesus.”
Karen
~~~~~~~~~
I'll post some of what I personally received tomorrow.
Nancy

No comments: