Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem

I had a chat with my friend Prophet Gene last night. We were discussing Jerusalem.
He has posted about it on his blog. You'll want to read it because the Word the Lord gave me, is in direct relation to our conversation and his blog post:

http://prophetgene.blogspot.com/2010/05/pointed-gun-and-finger-on-trigger.html

It was an intense conversation, because we are both passionate about God and also about Jerusalem. Shortly after ending our talk, we had a terrific storm hit where we live. After praying, I fell asleep. Was actually pretty tired and so slept quite awhile. When I woke up I was having a conversation with God about some things and opened my Bible expecting to hear from Him on the other things. But what He led me to all dealt with Jerusalem and then He gave me a Word which I will share at the end. Here are the three sets of scriptures, my interpretation and the Word of the Lord:

Isaiah 62:1-8 (New Living Translation)

Isaiah’s Prayer for Jerusalem
1 Because I love Zion,
I will not keep still.
Because my heart yearns for Jerusalem,
I cannot remain silent.
I will not stop praying for her
until her righteousness shines like the dawn,
and her salvation blazes like a burning torch.
2 The nations will see your righteousness.
World leaders will be blinded by your glory.
And you will be given a new name
by the Lord’s own mouth.
3 The Lord will hold you in his hand for all to see—
a splendid crown in the hand of God.
4 Never again will you be called “The Forsaken City”a]">[a]
or “The Desolate Land.”b]">[b]
Your new name will be “The City of God’s Delight”c]">[c]
and “The Bride of God,”d]">[d]
for the Lord delights in you
and will claim you as his bride.
5 Your children will commit themselves to you, O Jerusalem,
just as a young man commits himself to his bride.
Then God will rejoice over you
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride.

6 O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on your walls;
they will pray day and night, continually.
Take no rest, all you who pray to the Lord.
7 Give the Lord no rest until he completes his work,
until he makes Jerusalem the pride of the earth.
8 The Lord has sworn to Jerusalem by his own strength:
“I will never again hand you over to your enemies.
Never again will foreign warriors come
and take away your grain and new wine.


Ezekiel 24:15-24 (New Living Translation)

The Death of Ezekiel’s Wife
15 Then this message came to me from the Lord: 16 “Son of man, with one blow I will take away your dearest treasure. Yet you must not show any sorrow at her death. Do not weep; let there be no tears. 17 Groan silently, but let there be no wailing at her grave. Do not uncover your head or take off your sandals. Do not perform the usual rituals of mourning or accept any food brought to you by consoling friends.”

18 So I proclaimed this to the people the next morning, and in the evening my wife died. The next morning I did everything I had been told to do. 19 Then the people asked, “What does all this mean? What are you trying to tell us?”

20 So I said to them, “A message came to me from the Lord,

21 and I was told to give this message to the people of Israel. This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will defile my Temple, the source of your security and pride, the place your heart delights in. Your sons and daughters whom you left behind in Judea will be slaughtered by the sword.

22 Then you will do as Ezekiel has done. You will not mourn in public or console yourselves by eating the food brought by friends.

23 Your heads will remain covered, and your sandals will not be taken off. You will not mourn or weep, but you will waste away because of your sins. You will mourn privately for all the evil you have done.

24 Ezekiel is an example for you; you will do just as he has done. And when that time comes, you will know that I am the Lord.”


Micah 7:16-20 (New Living Translation)

16 All the nations of the world will stand amazed at what the Lord will do for you. They will be embarrassed at their feeble power. They will cover their mouths in silent awe, deaf to everything around them. 17 Like snakes crawling from their holes, they will come out to meet the Lord our God. They will fear him greatly, trembling in terror at his presence.

18 Where is another God like you,
who pardons the guilt of the remnant,
overlooking the sins of his special people?
You will not stay angry with your people forever,
because you delight in showing unfailing love.
19 Once again you will have compassion on us.
You will trample our sins under your feet
and throw them into the depths of the ocean!
20 You will show us your faithfulness and unfailing love
as you promised to our ancestors Abraham and Jacob long ago.


1. God is calling the intercessors and watchmen to not stop praying for Jerusalem! Pray until her righteousness shines for the world to see. Pray until everyone of GOD's promises for her are fulfilled and HE makes her the pride of the whole earth.

2.Ezekiel talks of Jerusalem being hit. If you read Gene's blog... the question is where will Iran strike Israel? I believe God is saying Jerusalem is where the enemy will strike... ( I could be wrong...but this is what I believe.) But wait... God has already promised that never again will He hand her over to her enemies! Rather-

3. Her enemies and the whole world is going to stand amazed at what God is going to do for her when her enemies come at her.

Here is the Word that the Lord gave to me last night:

Israel, I remind you of these prophecies. I tell you to prepare
for God's Glory to be seen on your behalf.

World I warn you. God has already spoken. He has already acted in times past on behalf of Jerusalem. Will He not do it again?

Oh ye despisers of Israel who wag your tongues and plot your plots!
God is already plotting your demise! Ye who seek to overthrow Jerusalem and annihilate God's Chosen People-ye who dig traps
shall fall into them yourselves.

God is not a man that He should lie, nor the son of man that He should repent. Has He not spoken and shall He not do it?

Jerusalem, I pray for your Peace. I pray for your Victory.
I salute you and say God Speed!

Let the forces marshaled against you know your fury!
May they taste the bitter defeat of all those who have
ever stood against God's chosen!

They May have succeeded for a moment as they were used to
bring correction and focus back to your thoughts Jerusalem.

But none who touch you in tongue or deed shall escape the
Hand of the Almighty.


Scriptures used:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/
New Living Translation (NLT)

2 comments:

Gene said...

Consider Psalm 83 and compare them with the Rabbi's comments.

Hmmm

Heart n Hands Inc. said...

Wow- I wrote what I wrote BEFORE reading the Rabbi's comments. I wrote strictly by the Spirit as I was awakened at 12:30 am and led to those scriptures and given that Word. Thanks Gene for sharing so faithfully.