Friday, March 19, 2010

Things I've observed in 32 years

Yesterday was my/our Wedding Anniversary. 32 years! I am amazed at the time as it has piled up into these years. And all the wonderful memories along the way. Were there bad ones? Sure! But I have a selective memory. I really do choose to think on the happier things. Why let bad times live on past the time they actually were? I'm so grateful that His mercies are new every morning. Great is HIS faithfulness! He has been so good to us and continues to be so good. I just wanted to post a Thank You Lord for all You've done along the way and all that You yet plan to do. My heart is expectant and oh so grateful. Thank you.

You know a Wedding is such a beautiful event. But you are not just having a Wedding. You are getting married. So you marry. Then you start learning things. Like how to tarry- waiting for the other one to "grow up" or for God to "show up!" You tarry in prayer over concerns. You tarry over coffee and make googly eyes.

You learn to carry. Carrying responsibilities. Carrying each other, and the confidences they share with you. You learn to carry them to the Throne of Grace in prayer.

You learn to parlay. You need to do this more in the spirit and less in the flesh.

You learn to bury. Bury the hatchet. Bury the pet peeves. And your beloved pets as they die.
And your parents. May you always be there for each other!

You learn to ferry! Ferrying stuff to one another. Juggling vehicles and time.

You learn to query. Sometimes repeatedly before you get an answer! Communication. Women live on it! Men stumble around at it sometimes, but really if encouraged and prodded (gently!) they can be quite good at it, whether they want to admit to it or not!

Ahh yes, when you marry, you have entered a live classroom where you are both teacher and pupil simultaneously and Love is the yardstick that measures the grades. Don't forget to use the erasure! "I'm sorry" and "I forgive you" are powerful at wiping away the mistakes. I pray for all of you who are entering, or are already here in this classroom, that you excell in all the subjects, by His Grace.

No comments: