Friday, October 23, 2009

Searching for the signal

Have you ever been out of range with your cell phone? Or in range but something is interfering and blocking the signal? Often in my office at home, my cell phone goes crazy, as it flits in and out of roam looking for a signal.

Sometimes we are like that too! We wander from the path the Lord has laid out for us taking side trips that end up in brambles, scratched up and confused. Or else, we are on the path, when suddenly and inexplicably we drop the call and the phone shows no signal is getting through.

Do you know what block the signal for you? What takes you off track? More importantly, what have you decided to do about it? Or have you decided? Or are you bogged down in a quagmire, struggling to get free? Sometimes it is a quagmire of our own making, other times it is of others making, but when you are in it, all your attention is on that and it is so hard to hear anything, but the "schloop", "squish" and "mwaahck" as the goop pulls and clings to you as you move.

I want to remind you, no matter where you find yourself today, whether on track or sidetracked, Jesus is still THE WAY and He will guide you safely along.

Psa 40:2 (AMP) He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings.

If the signal has grown dim and weak and you seem not able to hear clearly, don't fret. Instead, revert to that trust that a child exhibits when it is upon its' mother's breast. Ps. 131:2 (BBE) See, I have made my soul calm and quiet, like a child on its mother's breast; my soul is like a child on its mother's breast.

If the foundation is strong, then the whole will stand agaisnt the storm... our foundation must be finalized in this; Jer. 29:11(Multiple translations) For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome, a future of success, not of suffering, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for, to give you a future and a hope. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you!

Allow Him to lift you out of that quagmire. Allow Him to whisper softly to your heart. Still yourself and believe that HE IS, and He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him. Let Him reward you according to His loving kindness and mercy, not according to your harsh self reprisals. If you've missed it, say so, humble yourself and repent and let Him lift you up. If you are tired, He IS your rest. If you are frustrated, He is your rescue and relief. Whatever you have need of hear His voice declaring firmly, I AM ! I am the One who loves you, the One who sees ( El Roi) the One who hears, the One who created you and planned you and desires you even now, even in the quagmire. Won't you give ME what I desire most? Won't you give me your heart?

No comments: