Monday, October 19, 2009

Birthday Blessings

Today (Sun Oct. 18th) has been a glorious day. I celebrated another year.
I had calls and cards. I was given some precious
heart gifts that money can't buy.

God has been so good to me. So faithful in every way.
He has showered me with
love, with strength and health.
With precious family and friends.

With purpose and calling and His giftings and anointing.

Although I have walked with Him for a long time, I can't forget from
whence I came
and to where He has brought me and to where He has called me. Even as I reflect on this, Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended. But one thing I do: Forgetting the things that are behind and stretching forth myself to those that are before, I press towards the mark, to the prize of the supernal vocation of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14)

I exhort you Run the Race! Keep your place. Do not slack your pace.
Seek His Face.
Arm yourself with His Grace. Be abased yet remain unfazed. Count the cost, say it's worth all loss and cling to His cross. Lift Him high. Reach for the sky. Press for the Prize, Keep the Son in your eyes! Hear the shouts of the glorious cloud of witnesses round about. Neglect not the cries nor pass them by, the ones lost and undone, it's for them this race must be won.
Take care how you run. Glorify the Son. Amen.

2 comments:

Opal said...

Happy belated birthday, sweet friend!

I love the SAYING "God danced the day you were born!" I'm sure He DID and is still singing over you and is well pleased with how you let Him use your "Heart and Hands!"

This is such an inspiring,
challenging and encouraging Love Poem from His Heart.

You truly are a "POEIMA..." Ephesians 2:10...
Much love, Opal

Carole said...

Happy Birthday, Nancy! May you be blessed beyond measure!
Love, Carole