Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My own Psalm of Thanksgiving to the King

Psa 24:7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates;
be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors;
and the King of glory shall come in.

Psa 24:8 Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty,
the LORD mighty in battle.

Psa 24:9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates;
even lift them up, ye everlasting doors;
and the King of glory shall come in.


Gates where my children will speak for me
Gates of supposed authority
Gates where some try to look down on me

Bars on doors and gates locked too
will never keep the King of Glory
from riding through.

Lift up your heads
and bow your knees
God's Word has all authority!

Facts are facts
not necessarily True
In a moment they can change on you.

God never changes
His Word forever true
Grab hold of the Promises He's spoken to you.

Lions do roar
and elephants bellow
"Believe God's Word you foolish fellow!"

Speak it now
with loud confidence
See your enemy cringe and wince.

No weapon that's formed
can prosper against thee
when you speak God's Word faith-fully.

God is His Word and His Word is He
Unchangeless and matchless in Beauty
the same throughout all Eternity.

There is NONE like THEE Oh Lord
Who holds the keys of Life and Destiny
My heart is set, my eyes are fixed on Thee.

My head is lifted up
The gates of my life are open wide
Come in King of Glory, come and reside.

NEM

© 8/11/2009







1 comment:

Karen said...

‘Awesome! Karen