Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Musings

Do you remember Valentine's Day in (primary) grade school?  The day held forth the promise of cupcakes and cookies and kool-aid brought in by the Moms.

Decorated brown paper bags that had been painstakingly embellished, were taped to the front of your desk.  Empty bags but open and beckoning, hoping 2 receive paper heart-shaped treasures dropped into them through out the day.  Oh the expectation, anticipation and bated breath!

Who could possibly explain that a  bag full of small white envelopes holding corny, folded valentine's with silly sayings, meant that you were counted in and not on the outside looking in?

How many were painfully aware of the rejects and rebuffs? Not knowing that you were Already CHOSEN.  Already LOVED.  Already desperately desired as aValentine?

This Valentine's Day, I pray that you will embrace the Love that is ALREADY yours!  I pray that you will turn and find your deepest desires not just met but fulfilled beyond all expectations and that you will be overwhelmed and swept away by the Lover of Your Soul. The ONE who knows you better than you know yourself and is as close as your  own skin because that is where HE desires to be, under your skin, in the crevices of your heart and in every area of your life!   

HE was there at each and every Valentine's day from your past, both the happy and the sad ones.  Before you were even born He hummed and sang over you: 

"I am your Valentine, Will you be Mine? Will you supine and your heart let Me entwine?  I will be the song your heart sings, with words and melody that only Heaven brings!  I love you so, more than you know, and I shall lovingly watch you grow. I shall wait for you, wait for you, wait for you My Love! For I died for you, bled for you, rose to give you life anew!  I call to you, and woo you, and draw you to Me, your whole life through.  So come to Me, dine with Me, recline with Me, and let me sing to you!  Laugh with Me, smile with Me, cry tears for Me that others may know My Love that's True, for don't you know I've cried tears for all of you?  Flow with Me, Grow with Me, Then Go for Me, and Show for Me the Love that I gave to you. Reach for Me, Teach for Me, Use the Gifts I've Given to you.  Love's the Key that opens the door, and there is so much more, just waiting for you to explore!  So Come my Valentine, let your heart incline and feast on My Love sublime." Jesus



5 comments:

Tom Minor said...

Yep. Never thought of it that way.

Annetta said...

BEAUTIFUL…BEAUTIFUL…BEAUTIFUL!!!

Raymonda said...



I was thinking about those same things when we were kids in elementary school, Nancy ! And then read this beautiful, beautiful, beautiful post and love letter from our Beloved...! How could we not be overwhelmingly in love with Him…. Thank you for being so as one with His heart beloved friend! I love you, too!

Joan said...

Dear Nancy, this is A BEAUTIFUL VALENTINE AND OH YES THE ROSE, MY FAVORITE!!!

May your Valentine's Day be very special with your VALENTINE!!!

Love,
Joan

Julius Nyabuto from Kenya said...

Dear Mum.
Thank you very much for wishing us the best valentine.Honestly Jesus is our lover and we remember His love which He showed is us through the dead on the cross.We therefore praise and thank Him for the wonderful and blessed act of saving us from satanic powers.Kindly glory and praise be with Him forever more.Please bless us with Bibles.
Yours son Julius.