Thursday, February 23, 2012

Struggle Not With the Promises

I struggle so sometimes, 
but Daddy has said 
I am not to struggle and fret, 
that He's already hedged the bet!  
Because of Jesus-I win...
I just gotta not quit and give in 
to the lies in my head, 
but simply stretch ahead 
like the race horse on the final turn, 
Yes,soaring higher and freer- 
that is what I yearn.  
 
So with my eyes fixed on You,
I give it all I've got, 
and take hold of Your Precious Promises 
that cannot be bought.  
I look not at what may surround, 
but only at Your Grace 
which does always abound.  
I forget my past except to rejoice 
that I am no longer captive in that place 
For at last all my cares I can cast 
into Your loving. watchful care 
Help me Abba to give You 
legal possession and 
then, just leave them there!
 
There is nothing that is 
too hard for Thee
It's written in Your Word
for all to plainly see.
You spoke that, just like
You said, "Light Be!"
And both day and night
the sun and moon give their light
shining ever so bright.
 
You created the ocean waters
then put a boundary upon the shore-
You spoke and commanded, 
"This far and no more."
Today we watch waves play on the sand
with their ebb and flow
as they still obey the command
You gave them long, long ago.
 
I am the Lord, I change not!
Have I not said, and it shall surely be?
So bring all your doubts, sorrows and pain
Simply Trust and Give them to ME!
Trust in My Goodness and like
Moses, My Glory you shall see.
For I have called you in Christ
to live and dwell in Me.
 
In Me is Life flowing abundantly
There is no shadow or lack
Trust Me my child, when I say
"I've got your back!"
 
My Plans for you my child are laid,
they are forever set in stone.
The Cornerstone gave His Life,
so that all these plans, you Can Own!
 
So, look full into the face 
of My Wondrous Love
Seek now My Wisdom
which is from Above.
 
Think not your old thoughts
of fear, lack and defeat.
But humbly come now
and sit at My Son's feet.
 
There you will find
all that you seek.
Take now His yoke 
for He is humble and meek.
 
Partner with ME and see
just how far you can go!
I desire to show you things
that you do not Yet know...
 
On the wings of My Spirit you can freely soar
Hear as I call to you to "Come up Higher!"
For it is there that you will experience "the more"
as you desire to know My Heart and to be filled with My Love and Fire!
NEM 
© 2-22-2012
 
Isaiah 55:6 (AMP)  Seek, inquire for, and require the Lord while He may be found [claiming Him by necessity and by right]; call upon Him while He is near. 
 
Jeremiah 29:11-13  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
 
Jeremiah YLT 29:13  And ye have sought Me, and have found, for ye seek Me with all your heart; 
 
1Peter 2:6-9  Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
 
2Peter 1:3-4  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the poem. Right from the heart! Karen