Thursday, April 22, 2010

Waiting For The Rain

Joe 2:12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
Joe 2:13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

Joe 2:16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.
Joe 2:17 Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?


Joe 2:18 Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people.

Joe 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.


I send my rain to the thirsty ones. To those who are seeking, crying out. Have I not said, Ask and it shall be given, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and a door will be opened? I stand knocking upon your hearts, will you in return come knock upon mine? If you knock with sincerity I WILL open My heart to you. I will flood you with My rain. I will cause you to be glad again. Did I not say in Joel I would give corn and wine and oil? Unless a kernel of corn falls to the ground and abides a lone and dies... then there cannot be corn in the storehouse! But if you will plant your seed- your kernel into the ground of My Heart...your sacrifice will not be in vain! You will see the corn of your harvest. For when you give yourself to me, is it not like the seed? You must die to self. You must separate from all else... if you want to see growth, if you want to harvest the fruit I have prepared for you! Then shall come my wine- the Joy of Your Lord. Then shall come new sweetness into the relationship as you taste of what you had not known before. Then shall come the oil, fresh anointing. Fresh flow from My Throne. If you will but trust yourself to me in the wilderness of separation and abandonment to Me. Many may not understand as you come aside. But they cannot provide what only I can give you. Come aside. In Me abide. Plumb My Heart, even as I search your own. You will find echoes of yourself in Me, for that is where you came from! From My Heart. Come let us explore together as I turn the wilderness into a pool, and a fruitful field that produces a crop that is designed with you in mind. For you are always on My mind! So, will you wait in the desert for Me? It will be worth the wait my love, I promise you.

Isa 32:15 Until the Spirit is poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness becomes a fruitful field, and the fruitful field is valued as a forest. [Psalms 104:30; Ezekiel 36:26, 27; 39:29; Zechariah 12:10]
Isa 32:16 Then justice will dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation) will abide in the fruitful field.
Isa 32:17 And the effect of righteousness will be peace [internal and external], and the result of righteousness will be quietness and confident trust forever.







Oh I’m waiting in this desert
Just waiting for the rain
Oh but I won’t leave this desert
Until I see the rain

And I’m waiting in the wilderness
Of promises yet fulfilled
Oh but I won’t leave this wilderness
Until I see the rain

I’m waiting for the rain
Oh I’m waiting for the rain
I’m just waiting for the rain
Oh I’m waiting for the rain

For I have heard the story told of a prophet who prophesied
Of the rain that would come in the middle of a drought
As a sign of the rain to come

And though years have come and years have gone
We’re still waiting for the rain
Oh but I can see the clouds gathering now
Are you ready, are you ready for the rain?

Open up the heavens and let it rain, let it rain, let it rain
Open up the heavens and let it rain, let it rain, let it rain
Open up the heavens and let it rain, let it rain, let it rain
Open up the heavens and let it rain, let it rain
Just let it rain, let it rain
God let it rain, let it rain
Let it rain

Misty Edwards

1 comment:

REV. OLUFUNSO J. OMIDIRAN said...

This is actually a lovely prophetic prose. I was so blessed by it. More grace to you in Jesus' name.


IN HIS HOUSE,


REV. OLUFUNSO J. OMIDIRAN
LIVING SWORD MINISTRIES INT'L
(Healing unto the Nations)
E-mail: info@livingsword.org
Web: www.livingsword.org

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!