Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wooing You

Tonight we have blizzard like conditions. This winter has brought such pounding with snow, ice, and cold weather. Through it all, we have been feeding all the stray cats in our neighborhood. Two in particular have become quite dear to me. Thomasina, a beautiful calico and Princess, a sweet and very petite striped gray kitty. I have been wooing them, trying to tame them enough to pick them up. They are still skiddish and Princess runs just out of reach. Tonight I had a short window of opportunity where I may have been able to "grab her" to bring her in out of the cold, but I did not move quick enough. It is now after midnight and went to the bush she was sleeping under. her little corner is filled with snow and she is gone. I don't know where the cats will stay to be out of this cold. I wish she would have trusted me, and let me pick her up.

As I sit here, feeling concern for the stray cats, I wonder too about the homeless people I've seen downtown. Where are they staying in this storm? Are they warm and safe?

Suddenly tears are running down my face, as I feel God's heart towards us. I am reminded of Jesus' heartfelt cry over the beloved city:

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem! You kill the prophets and stone the messengers God has sent you! How many times I wanted to put my arms around all your people, just as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you would not let me!"

I hear God saying very softly, sadly, " How often, I have wooed you. How often, I've lavished you with my goodness, my gentleness, impressing on your heart My Love for you. Yet you have resisted ME. Yet you have withheld yourself from My embrace. Content for the provision that has lain on the periphery, but disdaining the closeness of contact and relationship that would bring so much more and fulfill the longings that are in your heart. How long will you back away? How long will you be content to let others hear Me for you? How long must I wait to touch you with My Glory and embrace you with My very person? Have I not proved Myself to you yet? Will you not trust Me? Will you not let me caress you and draw you close?

Even now, as your heart reaches and yearns, your eye is on the door, the way of escape, for you fear it will be "too much" and you fear you will lose your freedom. When Adam and Eve believed the lies of the enemy against my intentions for them, when they believed I was withholding something from them and so they partook of the forbidden fruit. They did not receive greater freedom, but rather they lost all freedom and became slaves instead. They forfeited intimacy and communion and traded it instead for cheap imitation. Carnal Knowledge will never replace Divine Revelation. Just as quick fulfillment cannot replace long term satisfaction and development and establishment of relational foundations. I long to bring you into my house, into the banqueting room and the Bridal chamber. But I will not force that upon you, nor will I give it to you only to have you bolt out the door. I want you to understand, when you come in, it will be forever, not just for a one nighter. I am not interested in a quickie relationship with you, but I desire so much more than what I can even express to you now. The time for coy games is over. It is time to "know that you know" concerning your walk with Me. It is time to surrender your running around and to come settle down and let Me show you things that you have not yet even dreamed or imagined. It's all here, waiting for you. If you will only open your heart and trust Me, and take your eyes off the nearest "escape." How I love you! Even as I wait. I wait in love, loving you. Please respond soon, before you face dark, and cold nights that you really don't have to face. In My arms, I will shield you from all that. They are open wide, run to them and to Me."

4 comments:

Karen said...

Awesome! The Lover (God) has so much concern and deep, deep love that He will never force. The pain of having to hold back when the depth of the love is so strong!!!!! WOW!

The one who loves so much is willing to suffer the pain of rejection over and over again. Oh, what love! One cannot comprehend. Karen

Carole said...

Amen! Thanks, Nancy.
Love and blessings, Carole

REV. OLUFUNSO J. OMIDIRAN said...

This is awesome. What a message! May the Lord help us to keep putting our complete trust in Him.
Thank you for this prophetic message. More grace to you in Jesus' name.

Love Your Son Olu

Pastor Stephen Bello said...

How true Mama. I bless God for the comfort that is inexhaustible that is always found in His presence, it is beyond explanation and understanding of mankind.

Ps 16:11 makes it clear that there are pleasures at His right hand, how true, when we come into His bed chamber to seek Him. Like Mary, it should be our desire to spend time at His feet for there there,is found life.

Remain blessed and favoured in Jesus name.

Stephen