Thursday, February 25, 2010

Guest Post- Brenda Craig

More Than a Conqueror, Part Two

Posted By Brenda On August 3, 2009 @ 2:00 am In Love Letters from God, Teaching | No Comments

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us” (Romans 8:37 [1] NIV)

“To grant [consolation and joy] to those who mourn in Zion–to give them an ornament (a garland or diadem) of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit–that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified” (Isaiah 61:3 [2] Amplified)

Fear of Failure, Fear of Men

Beloved, you are My king and priest— the reflection of My heart in your area of gifting and promise. The gifts I gave you are for you and you alone. They are yours to share and no one can reflect your portion of My heart but you. No one can be expected to function as you do, nor can you function as they do.

Comparing oneself to another in any way—good or bad—is detrimental. Comparison will always lead to a critical spirit which stops everyone concerned in their tracks. Don’t even compare your present state with your past condition either. You are where you are and I love you all the same. If I didn’t I wouldn’t be telling you this in the first place. Love compels Me to do so. This is the truth that overrides the words and opinions of others, even your own.

Let go of these things: fear of inadequacy, fear of failure, guilt, shame and subjection to the opinions of men (Romans 8:31-37 [3]). I forgive and cleanse you this very moment, wiping the slate clean. All that is required is an exchange—My open heaven of forgiveness and restoration for your failure and disappointment. Be like Jeremiah and do not fear men for I am on your side (Jeremiah 42:11 [4]).

Each new day holds new things to be discovered. If you are concentrating on past negative things you will miss the new thing. I have many truths and understandings to give you and will fill your arsenal with many weapons capable of defeating your every foe. Don’t expect the same old thing every time. Each weapon will be unique to each and every situation and circumstance. Prepare yourself to be flexible and even fluid in your responses to the things I give you. Let the victory begin.

Old Things and Daily Bread

In letting go of all your insecurities, both past and present, a heart of forgiveness is formed within. To walk in a forgiving heart is one of the most courageous things you can ever do. Forgiveness is the foundation of My Cross. Without it My Word would be considered pointless. True conquerors and overcomers know clean hands and a pure heart gives complete access to the power and glory of who I am and what I have done. Who can come to the hill of the Lord? He who has clean hands and a pure heart?

If you are in Me old things pass by the wayside and all things perpetually become new. I am ever regenerating the heart of man. My creative abilities continue on and on in the lives of My beloved ones. You are My beloved one. Therefore, I am doing something new each and every moment. Do you not perceive it (Isaiah 43:19 [5] Isaiah 48:6 [6])? To perceive it you must let go.

Letting go can be fearful if you do not truly know who I am. Loosen your grip and ask Me who I am in any given situation. Yes, I am Lord, but there are many, many facets of My person ready to be released according to the moment of need you find yourself in.

Like manna was fresh every morning, I am fresh every moment. I am Your daily bread (John 6:35 [7]). Did you ever contemplate how each and every second starts a new twenty-four hour period—a new day? With this in mind, know I am new and fresh each and every second. Take advantage of Me in this way. Ask and you will receive all wisdom to know how to let old things pass away moment by moment.

Beauty For Ashes

It is impossible to see ahead if you are looking back. As the heavens open over you through the power of forgiveness, restoration and revelation things will begin manifesting a change in the physical—changes able to be seen with the naked eye. Don’t spiritualize things too much or you will miss the little changes along the way.

Look around you at all I am doing? Be willing to see. Willingness is half the battle and the results will be beautiful to behold. Willingness to see reveals a heart of true gratefulness. Self-pity refuses to see, beauty is hidden and hope becomes deferred.

Be willing to see that I give you beauty for ashes. Out of this beauty a grateful heart is born and My manifest grace and mercy causes the eyes of your heart to be opened. An opened heart receives wisdom and revelation into the deep and intimate secretes of My heart, opening you up to limitless possibilities (Isaiah 61:3 [2]).

Mercy and Goodness will not only follow you but overtake you. My hand is extended. I am giving you My sight, causing you to see and embrace every portion of destiny and purpose. Arise, and be aligned with My will, which speaks from the garden growing and blooming in your heart. All dreams and purpose have been prepared for you before the foundations of the world. Now arise, go and be more than a conqueror.

Sow the Word, Reap the Word

Arise, My beloved. Arise and dare to see—dare to believe. The time of unveiling has come. Some things have unfolded and are continuing to unfold. Don’t let the fact that things are still unfolding obscure the beauty of what already has. Stop and smell the roses of the moment and enjoy. There are some beautiful flowers hidden among the thorns if only you will look. This is what I mean by having eyes to see. It is all about focus and what you choose to behold.

You are a conqueror through Me. There is no other option or possibility acceptable other than complete surrender to the Cross and total acceptance of all it purchased for you. It is the only way to walk as My conquering king in the earth . . . the only way to release the Kingdom throughout the earth. Having time to waste is no longer an option. Every moment of your time is precious and should be used according to the principal of reaping and sowing. Invest time in confessing the promises I have spoken over you and you will reap a great reward.

O, that I could convince you of the great importance of agreement. I so want to convince you that I challenge you and say “Try My Word and see!” Take it and let it settle down in your heart in order to have its perfect way. Richness beyond your imagination dwells in My Word. One word from Me—only one word—has the power to change everything in its path. All I have to do is say, “Live!” and everything has to be resurrected.

Beloved, whatever you sow you will reap (Galatians 6:7 [8]). Therefore, I am telling you, “Sow the Word and you will reap the Word! It is the way to true life.”

The Inherent Power Of My Word

My Word is endued with inherit power to bring about the very thing I sent it for and does not return void (Colossians 1:6 [9]). The rhema words I have spoken to you are the same. They have power and build faith in your heart as you speak them out loud. They cause a heart of belief to be formed . . . a heart of belief capable of walking on water, capable of speaking to storms, capable of doing things far above what you have ever imagined or thought.

To think, all beliefs, perceptions, and attitude start with a little thought in your mind and what you do with this thought. Reject the enemy’s thoughts for the lies they are. Believe Mine and embrace the “more than a conqueror” you are.

Let Me remind you to take your thoughts captive, to subject them to the Word and the Blood. Warriors cannot be distracted by tormenting thoughts or fear. If they are, destruction takes place on the battlefield. Not only are they in danger but those they are fighting alongside of are at risk. The battle is never about just one person, nor is it just about you. I am ever present to help you. Just ask and it shall be given. Release and it shall be forgiven.

Reach up through the crack in the sky and grasp the hem of My garment. Out of it flows—healing, passion, power, anointing, faith, hope and love. Reach up through the crack in the sky with a faith-filled grateful, forgiving heart, and experience the open heaven of an overcoming king and priest.

Behold, I do a new thing (Isaiah 43:19 [5]). Believe, and receive. You are more than a conqueror.

Prayer of Supplication and Declaration

I am Your overcoming, conquering king and priest. I am a son of the Most High God. I refuse to be like the children of Israel who found themselves looking back longing for the provisions of Egypt. When things were hard and they had to believe, they chose to look back, ignore the death present there and long for leeks and onions. I let go of all hindering forces and choose to say where I am weak You are strong. Let the heavens open over me as forgiveness and restoration do a perfect work. No weapon against me shall prosper. The Lord is contending on my behalf as I use the weapons of warfare He gives me. I am flexible and fluid in response to the voice of the Lord.

Lord, help me to walk humbly before You with clean hands and a pure heart. I embrace the fullness of the Cross and the forgiveness it entails for myself and others. You are continually making things new in my life. Help me to not miss even one, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Every creative work born of You is worthy of praise and adoration. Every moment of my life is made new in You. Teach me to understand the principal of new manna, of daily bread, in such a way each second of my day is transformed by newness of life.

The Lord is my daily bread and I feast on my relationship with Him. I do not live on natural bread alone, but on every word proceeding from Him in whatever form it comes. I incline my heart to wisdom and He answers me. Old things have passed and are passing away. I perceive a new thing.

Create in me a clean heart and cause me to have a steadfast spirit that I might not faint in doing good. I am willing to see beauty instead of ashes. The ashes of my life only serve to teach me lessons on how to overcome the next time. Life springs out of my ashes and I embrace the destiny perpetuated by lessons learned.

Mercy and goodness is my portion. I embrace goodness, which is all right thinking and actions. I take my thoughts captive and speak words of life. My heart is a beautiful garden and produces life and not death. My eyes see and my heart embraces purpose and destiny moment by moment. My hope is not deferred and I am courageous in the Lord.

Lord, I arise with a grateful, believing heart filled to overflowing with forgiveness and love. Beauty is unfolding before my very eyes among the thorns and gardens of my life and heart. If You can bring beauty from ashes, nothing else is impossible. I offer the ashes of my life as a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving for what You have done and what You will do.

I release the word “LIFE” over my family, my church and every other aspect of my life. My life is transformed by Your life-giving words. Every word I have placed in my heart has settled down and is bearing fruit. My fruit is the result of resurrection life contained in Your Word. Everything contained within and on the path I am traveling is changed. I release “LIFE!”

My heart and thoughts are submitted to the Lord. I reject the lies of the enemy at first consideration. My believing heart is unfolding and growing into a stalwart of courageous faith. I reach my hand into the crack in the sky one more time and I am greeted with an open heaven. Everything the Lord is has been given to me. I believe and receive I am a water-walking conqueror through Christ Jesus my Lord.

As a conqueror I take every thought captive and subject it to the Word of Truth. I do not fight against flesh and blood but against the enemy in high places. Therefore, I refuse to be bound by negative, condemning or accusatory thoughts. I release others in my life from all critical and judgmental attitudes. I release myself and others. Forgiveness and victory are mine. More than a conqueror I am. Amen

Reflect and Journal

  1. Have you been comparing yourself with others or some positive aspect of the person you used to be and find yourself coming up short in some area? If so, let go of the negative as well as any positive manna used to convince you of failure. Embrace His promises over you in a new light and with a new attitude. He wants to take His promises to you and give you fresh insight and fresh manna, enabling you to confess and believe.
  2. Have you been inflexible in any way and find yourself doing things out of habit and routine rather than out of fresh revelation?
  3. Take time to write His promises down and wait for Him to reveal words of encouragement in reference to them. Write down the encouragement and confess it in agreement with Him.
  4. What old ways or habits do you struggle with and find it hard to overcome or leave behind?
  5. What old ways do you need to wash your hands and heart of in order to consider them clean?
  6. Reflect on how a new day can actually begin with each second. This is how fresh He wants to be in your life. How does this change your perspective of time?
  7. Have you ever said, “This is just the way I am?” If so, consider the fact you are created in His image, therefore; you are like Him. Reflect on this and lay down mindsets meant to lock you into the past and prevent change.
  8. The Lord is opening your eyes and giving insight in the deep places of His heart. What do you want to know in order to rise and be the conqueror He says you are?
  9. What changes do you need to make in the area of your thought life? Receive His goodness and take your thoughts captive. All right thinking and actions will be the result.
  10. In what ways have you been blinded to the beautiful things in your life while focusing on the negative things in need of change? Take some time to be grateful for even the tiniest blessing.
  11. What particular Word do you need to purposefully place in your heart that it might settle down and have its perfect work in you? If you are not sure, think about a weakness, a struggle you need to overcome and find a Word to contradict it. Write it out as a decree and if the Lord speaks to you in more detail, write what He says. Speak it over and over until it has its way in you.
  12. He has asked you to try Him and see. Take a chance. Choose one thing you know He has spoken to you and come into agreement with Him. This is not just a one-time thing. It will take persistence, not necessarily for His sake, but for yours. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word. Speak it even if it seems mechanical or as if you are doing it by route. Speak it no matter what. Just do it!
  13. Are you being distracted by negative thoughts, the past or being critical of others in the midst of battle? If so, be specific and release yourself, release others. Give and receive forgiveness and pick up your sword, the Word. Do battle, for the victory is assured.
Bookmark and Share [10]

Article printed from Journals of the Heart: http://www.journalsoftheheart.com

URL to article: http://www.journalsoftheheart.com/2009/08/more-than-a-conqueror-love-letter-part-two/

URLs in this post:

[1] Romans 8:37: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=rom&chapter=8&verse=37

[2] Isaiah 61:3: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=isa&chapter=61&verse=3

[3] Romans 8:31-37: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=rom&chapter=8&verse=31

[4] Jeremiah 42:11: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=jer&chapter=42&verse=11

[5] Isaiah 43:19: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=isa&chapter=43&verse=19

[6] Isaiah 48:6: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=isa&chapter=48&verse=6

[7] John 6:35: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=joh&chapter=6&verse=35

[8] Galatians 6:7: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=gal&chapter=6&verse=7

[9] Colossians 1:6: http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=col&chapter=1&verse=6

[10] Image: http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=20

Duplication and sharing of this writing is welcomed provided that complete source and website information for Brenda Craig and Journals of the Heart is included.

©2008 Spirit Food for Life Ministries. All rights reserved.

No comments: