Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eagle Sight

I saw an Eagle the other day! I was driving home from our little town and just glanced sideways and began to shout and squeal. There standing in a field was a bald eagle. The beloved symbol of America and special gift of message from God to His people.

I was talking to my girlfriend and she got my shouts and squeals full force in her ear! I made a legal u turn as quick as I could to come back and take a picture with my cell phone. But there was just empty field when I got back. Just that quick he/she was gone. Risen to heights above.

And I heard Him whisper, "You may be on the ground now,
but you are about to soar again."

You see I have come into 2010 with MUCH anticipation and excitement of what HE is going to do. But a part of me has felt "grounded" as if my wings have been clipped by different circumstances and that has kept me on the ground and not soaring like I'd like to. I share that because I was quickened today that I am not the only one who has felt that way. Some others have felt grounded too. and so I am sharing my eagle with you. Maybe you've been forced to come to the ground (low level) to hunt prey (provision.) Or maybe other circumstances have brought you down low. Eagles are not meant to be on the ground, but soaring! And I was wondering "what was he/she doing there?" But in just a few short moments he was no longer there! He had risen beyond my eye level.

Don't stare at the ground. Look up! It is time to arise, with eagle wings! Renew your vision and set your sights for higher heights. You can fly. Don't let the past or even present circumstances tie you down. See in with the eyes of your spirit and make it your own. Now is the time your vision, your Faith, your gifts to hone. You'll need them, if you want to fly above the normal fly zone.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Glory be to God Mama,
thanks once again for your inciteful message, Higher ground is our focus and destination, like the eagle no other place will do, we are the designated head and we will not be a tail in Jesus name Amen.

God bless you, 2010 a year of unlimited greatness

Son

Stephen