Friday, September 4, 2009

Wedding Day Emotions

In 13 hours I will be at the church watching my son watch his beloved walk down the aisle to him. My heart is so full that my eyes are spilling over...

Your children grow and you love them so... From the time they come into your life you wonder how you could possibly be so blessed. You want to shelter them from all hurt and bad things. You want to keep them safe always.

But instead, you pray with them, counsel them and teach them to fly. You give them room to grow and learn by doing, even when you know that some of their choices may hurt both their heart and yours. But you trust them into God's keeping.

For God gives each of us the ability to choose, and waits for us to invite Him into our lives. So if God, who is our creator and loves us more than we can ever imagine, can give us such latitude, then we as parents must believe the Word of God which says, "Train up a child int he way that he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it."

Even if you didn't get to do all the training, as you speak the Word it goes into operation to bring blessing and grace into your kid's lives! The Word prospers that thing whereunto you send it. So keep sending the Word into your loved ones lives!

Unlike some Mother's who feel they are "losing" their child at the altar, I am not! I am gaining so much more that I could have imagined, although Ola and I have prayed for his mate for sometime now! The reality of God's Goodness and Grace to me and to my son, is almost more than I can bear! Adele will forever be a testimony of answered prayer.

Even when you do not know HOW God can possibly do something, don't stop applying the Word and believing. Even now, God is up to something Good! Receive that Good from His hand to your heart! Thank Him for it, even before you see it. That says you are expecting it! So get ready, 'cuz it's on it's way!

Now, if you will excuse me, I've got to go get some beauty sleep! It is already tomorrow here in UK and it is a Grand Day for a Wedding! TTFN! (Ta ta for now.)
Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful!: your son's/new daughter's marriage pre-report -- from "you", Nancy.