Saturday, June 8, 2013

What Have You Heard?

 In  his song "Enlarge my Territory" (From his "Live in South Africa" Album) Israel Houghton Of New Breed, sings these words:

"Say what you heard so you can see what you said.  Say what you heard, so you can see what you said."

Which begs me to ask the question, "What have you heard?"  and "Who are you listening to?"  

Because there is plenty of JUNK being said these days. It may even be fact. But facts change! Truth does not.   So tune into what GOD is saying!  Specifically, "what is He saying to YOU?"  That is really, really important.  But to dicipher what He is saying, we have to 1. understand it will not go against scriptural principles, and 2. learn to listen a whole new way!  We have to listen with not just our ears, but with our HEART.  The "ears" of our heart hear God much better than just the ears on the side of our head!  Because the ears on our head want to send everything through our brains to "analyze" it.  But the things of the Spirit are heard first in our spirit man and then relayed to our head!  

Somethings that God is going to speak to your heart, is going to rock your world. Your mind will be on tilt, and you'll be scrambling to hold on to something, anything, because it is so stupendous and mind boggling!    That is where this little song comes in.  

Israel goes on to say, "Jesus take the limits off of me..."  Now you must understand, it is not Jesus who put the limits on you, it is usually ourselves and most certainly the world around us; who wants to speak negativity and doubt into our life continually.  

So, even as we ask God to take the limits off of us, there are things that we must also do.  We must speak to ourselves the dreams that He has placed with in us. WE must nurture them with things that feed our faith- Scripture, Worship songs that fire up our faith, hanging with like minded friends who believe in us, and most importantly; spending time with the ONE who placed the dream there in the first place!

1Timothy 1:18 (GNB)  Timothy, my child, I entrust to you this command, which is in accordance with the words of prophecy spoken in the past about you. Use those words as weapons in order to fight well...

Here Paul is instructing Timothy that by the prophecies he has received, if he stores them in his heart and repeats them to himself, he can fight the good fight of faith, by remembering and saying what he has heard God speak to him!

Philippians 4:9 (KJV) Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. 

The word "received" here means "transmitted. "The things transmitted to you..."  Holy Spirit is the Transmitter, speaking to us what God would have us to know. Sometimes He uses men/women to speak them, sometimes He just impresses them upon our heart. Question is, do we have our antenna's up? Is our frequency clear, or do we have it jammed up with interference?  The enemy will always send a barrage of "chatter" to try to drown our Our Lord's voice.  

But Jesus has said, "My sheep hear my voice."  He also said , "I know my sheep and I am known of mine."  Not might or maybe, but "I AM KNOWN" (by those who are mine), and "THEY DO HEAR MY VOICE."  He said it, and so we need to start saying it too!

Stop speaking doubt and negativity or confusion to yourself. Quit saying, "I don't understand!" Start saying, "By Faith I receive both Wisdom and Understanding, because Jesus was made Wisdom unto me, and the Father said for me to ask for it and HE would give it to me!"  Start confessing, "Jesus is my Shepherd and I hear His voice clearly and the voice of a stranger I will not follow! I listen for and receive His instructions."


Isaiah 30:21 (BBE)  And at your back, when you are turning to the right hand or to the left, a voice will be sounding in your ears, saying, This is the way in which you are to go. 

Jer 33:3 (AMP)  Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand). 

God is more than willing to talk with us, are we willing to hear what He has to say?!

Prayer:  Oh Lord! Enlarge the territory of my heart, to receive more of You! Clear the channels of communication from all interference and "chatter." Help me to turn off those things that distract and pollute my spirit, drawing me away from you.  Not only do I choose to believe what you tell me, but I choose to "say" what I've heard (You say), that I may SEE what I have said I heard.  Though the vision may tarry I WILL wait for it, because you have said it will surely come Lord.


Journal:  What you've heard!  And Wage a good warfare against all the naysayers with it.

2 comments:

Olu said...

Hi Mother!
This message is awesome! Thanks for sharing such a practical, profound and yet simple revelation. He will increase you more and more. Multiplied grace and shalom!

I wish to forward/share this message with fiends; do I have your permission?

Yours,

Olu

REV. OLUFUNSO J. OMIDIRAN
LIVING SWORD MINISTRIES INT'L
(Healing unto the Nations)
E-mail: info@livingsword.org
Web: www.livingsword.org
Tel: +2348032206092; +2348074920330; +447530963151
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!

Julius said...

Dear mum.
Thank you and we are indeed touched with the message from our God.Kindly mum you are in our prayers and thoughts as you are doing a wonderful Holy work of Him.

My dear loving mum,"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love. He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17.

God will be with you today and even during your trip to south Africa even when you might be unaware of His Presence. He is not only with you but He is also ahead of you to prepare your path before you walk out your daily work and your next trip. Every day and often we thank Him and remind Him that we know that He is with us.

His power guarantees that you are able to face and deal with all that you will face in your daily ministry. He is more powerful than any other power. He is mighty to save you. The Greater One is in you, with you and for you.Praise Him.

He takes great delight in you as you face challenges with faith and not fear, opportunities with courage instead of cowardly and new possibilities with you as you are doing His work.

. His love will quiet you and comfort you. His love makes you secure. Today and forever embrace His love as His love embraces you. Thank you mum and be blessed and strengthened by Him.

Yours son.Julius.