Thursday, October 21, 2010

And Counting!

Monday was my birthday. It was a lovely day with texts, phone calls and cards from friends and family. I am indeed blessed. My husband sent me an ornery text in the morning. It made me laugh, but it also made me stop and thank God. And it has stuck with me all week.

What did he text? He sent me birthday congratulations that said; "Happy Birthday! You are now 19,723 days old!"

I had two thoughts almost simultaneously. 1. Yikes! That sounds "fossilized!" ( Of which I am not!) 2. Praise and thanksgiving rose up in my heart to God. "Thank you Father for all these wonderful days You've given to me!"


Psa 139:16
(AMP) Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

(MSG) Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.

Psa 90:12
(KJV) So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

To number: A primitive root; properly to weigh out; by implication to allot or constitute officially; also to enumerate or enroll: - appoint, count, number, prepare, set, tell.

Dan 5:25 And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.
Dan 5:26 This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.
Dan 5:27 TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
Dan 5:28 PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.

Oh Lord, even as You have numbered my days, and given me richly all things to enjoy, let not your daughter and servant be found wanting of the the things that please Your heart. Help me to rightly discern and not defile your Holy Vessels. Of whom I am one of. Let me not take for granted the Gifts that You have so lovingly bestowed upon me in the form of those You bring into my life! Thank you that you have numbered and finished me! Finished my Faith, and the kingdom that I walk in being only a shadow of the one You hold out to me. Oh Lord, weigh me, find any hidden weights and remove them! See if I be too light in matters of Your heart and correct me! You have promised that I would lack no good thing to live this life for you and before you in joy and Holy service. I thank You for that and I look eagerly for Your provision for every vision that many lives be touched and changed as we walk hand in hand through this life together, my Sweet Jesus and I! My Your kingdom rule without end, may I never be of a divided heart, creating a divided kingdom with in. Thank you for this time of celebration of 19,723 days of living! May I have that many again, plus more to serve You, to Love you more, to share the wonder of You with all I meet. May my life be a tsunami of Your Love, crashing in on people's lives and changing them forever!
Thank you Abba for all these things I pray.
In Jesus Name. Amen.


6 comments:

WtV said...

Good write, thoughts and heart prayer! And,, *Happy Birthday*!!! (late-ish) ~ May your coming days be blessed and enriched even the more. Love sent to you, - Vicki C

Olu said...

Ur days will b FULL! U will FULFILL ur days. As thy days, so shall thy strength b. U will ever please the MASTER n U will be an ETERNAL SUCCESS in Jesus' name. Shalom -Olu

Carole said...

Great thoughts...and I love Tom's text! :-))
Love and blessings, Carole

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday you "young" fossil you! Us fossilized gals gotta stick together! love ya d

Joan said...

Happy Birthday, Birth month and Birth year! Yay, Celebrate Life! God's blessings upon you and yours.

Karen said...

I love it! I want the same thing too out of my life! I love you. You have only just begun to see the manifestation of the glory of God flowing through you, my sister. I love you!