Sunday, November 15, 2009

Open Letter Please Draw Me!

Abbi You've given me the privilege of prayer. The ability to write. The mandate to raise others up. You call and equip and strip off all that would cause men to see me rather than you. Yet I struggle to do these things. Passion burns yet I lag. Ideas come, yet I hesitate.

How long will I halt between two opinions? Yours which tells me I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me, and my enemy which whispers to me, "Who do you think you are? What do you think you have to give? What makes you think, anybody wants to hear from you?" The words seep in insidiously, but Your Word rings louder with the mandate to GO! The oily accusations stifle my creativity and stun my sense of connectedness.


But that can only last momentarily. For you O Lord are my Shield and Defense. You alone have the right to interrogate me, and instead you encourage me to step out on the water! Instead you draw me to the fire to purify and strengthen me. Instead you pour cool water over me, reviving me and refreshing me.
I am undone by Your gentleness. I am in awe of Your greatness. I am indebted for Your kindness. I am set free by Your sacrifice. O Lord. Have your way in me, through me and with me. May my life be spent for You. May I be a drink offering poured out upon others, in Your Presence. May I Lavish You with Love all the days of my life.

Thank you for the mandate. Thank you for the passion. Thank you for the ability. Most of all thank you for You. Your Presence makes all the difference, every day. Teach me how to stay in Your Presence. Oh I have been there, but teach me how to stay there. How to go deeper. How to move past the plateau of yesterday, into the revelation of Today. Take me deeper into You.


I say along with the maiden in Song of Solomon: Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee. Song 1:4

I love thee. I long for more of thee. Draw me. Even as Peter said, "Lord if it is you Bid me come" and even as Jesus said, "No man comes to the Father except by me" and again "no man can come to Me except the Father which sent me draw him..." So Lord draw me and I will come.

3 comments:

Carole said...

Amen

Unknown said...

powerful, heart felt, & open -- insightful, Nancy. Thank you.... we can or should "all of us believers" relate to your words herein - amen, and help me too, Lord.

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.