Friday, February 27, 2009

His Presence is at Hand!

Today a friend was sharing one of the daily devotionals from E-Sword. (If you don't have it , it is a WONDERFUL tool and free.) Go here to download it:

http://www.e-sword.net/index.html

As she spoke I had "mini flashes" of our Lord. I've copied the devotional here for your pleasure... and my sharing is below it.

Our Daily Walk by F.B. Meyer

February 27

PRACTISING THE PRESENCE OF GOD
"The Lord is at hand. In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God."-- Phi_4:5-6.

THE WORD anxiety comes from the same root as anger, and suggests the idea of choking. Worry chokes the life of faith. It does not help us to overcome our difficulties, but unfits us for dealing with them. No weapon that is formed against us shall prosper; every tongue that shall rise against us shall be condemned; our bread shall be given, and our water sure. God will perfect that which concerneth us, and His goodness and mercy shall never cease. Roll thyself and thy burden on the Lord, and leave them there. Too many take them back again!

In the darkening autumn evenings, we light our lamps earlier, or turn on the switch, and lo! there is a burst of light which had been waiting to be called upon. So let us keep a smile upon our faces. As we put off our heavy and rain-soaked clothes in the vestibule, so let us leave our anxieties with God, until we have to resume our destined path.
The Lord is at hand! Let us often repeat these words, amid the commonplaces of life, as well as when anticipating His near Advent! Say it when Euodia and Syntyche are giving you trouble! Say it when you are irritated and think that there is no reason why you should accept rebuffs and slights so meekly! Say it when you are worried and anxious! Say it, till you come again into that Presence, which is as the light of the morning when the sun riseth. Practise the Presence of God! Hold fellowship with Him! Even in business, or in the midst of daily toil, often lift your heart for a moment into the atmosphere of His presence! There is a great difference between faith and its intellectual expression. We must rise above the intellectual into spiritual fellowship with God. It is not for us to excite a transient feeling of love towards God. This will soon evanesce. Our business is the absolute surrender of the heart to Him. Not the rapture of the mystic, but the consciousness of the spirit, which is aware of an unimpeded union with the life of the Infinite. To be ever, tranquilly, joyously, and strenuously, at one with the blessed Will of God--that is the Heavenly Paradise, and each of us, by His grace, may walk with Him in happy fellowship, as Enoch did of old, and then we can make known our requests!
~~~
As she was sharing , not only is He coming back ( blessed thought indeed!) but He is already "at hand" right here with us. She was talking about saying throughout the day, "He is at hand," and as she said those words, I "saw" Jesus coming towards a young woman (representative of you and me.) The Bridegroom, and he was coming to be with His Beloved! (She was dressed in a filmy white, simple gown.) This was not the Wedding Day, but like during the engagement period. He was was coming to take her by the hand. Woo her with strong adoration. He was so handsome and strong. Immediately that vision was replaced by one of Jesus bending down and washing our feet! I could not see his face, but he had on a very simple work type well worn, white muslin shirt. I could see a foot extended and a towel and a basin.

HE is the King of kings and Lord of lords. The Creator of everything. And He comes to be with us, to "visit" us, to fellowship with us. And if that is not enough, He comes to also wash our feet?!! To minister to us.

The question is, will we make the time to minister to Him?

Song 2:9 (KjV) My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.
Song 2:10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Song 5:2 (Darby) I slept, but my heart was awake. The voice of my beloved! he knocketh: Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, mine undefiled; For my head is filled with dew, My locks with the drops of the night.
Song 5:3 --I have put off my tunic, how should I put it on? I have washed my feet, how should I pollute them? --
Song 5:4 My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door ; And my bowels yearned for him.
Song 5:5 I rose up to open to my beloved; And my hands dropped with myrrh, And my fingers with liquid myrrh, Upon the handles of the lock.
Song 5:6 I opened to my beloved; But my beloved had withdrawn himself; he was gone: My soul went forth when he spoke. I sought him, but I found him not; I called him, but he gave me no answer.

Notice He came to her and she rebuffed Him with excuses-it's inconvenient now, I am tired, I don't feel like it... but look at vs 4 in Douay Rheims: My beloved put his hand through the key hole, and my bowels were moved at his touch.

Oh to live with the touch of His Hand upon my life! To hear His voice at all times! To "be" with Him...to be move by Him!

Rev 3:20 (1912 Weymouth Translation) I am now standing at the door and am knocking. If any one listens to My voice and opens the door, I will go in to be with him and will feast with him, and he shall feast with Me.

This is NOT written to sinners. It is written to the Church. It is written to You. He is waiting for you NOW.

No comments: